Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Need Some Help...on everything

3527 Views 12 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  crzyguy0125
Hey, I'm new to everything about this. I'm 17, and got lucky when my parents hooked me up with a 2009 Malibu. I want do a couple of things to it, but I dont know where to start. I'd like to put some new speakers in it, and I was looking at the "Duraflex" Body Kit.

Im not looking for a lot in the speakers, but I want to take it up a few notches, and body wise, I have no idea if those Duraflex body kits have been used, and/or are dependable.

Another problem is, I really don't know much about installation, cost, speaker type, or anything involved in it. Pardon the inexperience, but I figured this would be a good place to look for help.

I'd love any suggestions on anything for the Malibu, but I also need to know the price, whether its better to do it manually, or get installation, etc..

Thanks a ton,
Crzyguy0125
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 13 Posts
I can tell you that if you do go with a kit make sure that it i urethane. Fiber glass is all the same it fits like crap and one oops and its toast. Urethane on the other hand an oops might only cost you some cracked paint or a cracked bumper at most. I had a full kit on my cavalier and bottomed out at a car show. The bumper bent about 3 inches backwards and snapped back and the only damage was cracked paint that was barely noticeable. If it would have been fiber glass I would have been taking it to the shop to get t repaired or replaced.
1 - 1 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.