Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad wants a new Malibu, but in his old age HATES haggling with car dealers on the lots.

Who do yall suggest on here to talk to to get an out the door quote that is reasonable? i.e., couldn't be beat by more than like $100 no matter how much haggling you do.

THanks for any help.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well, you could just pay the MSRP. That's usually pretty straightforward...if you want some cash off, try asking any friends if they're eligible for GM Supplier Pricing, that can save you some money.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Try the Internet Sales Mgr. for the Dealer. That's how I got my LTZ, everything is done over the net, all I had to do was go in sign the paperwork and drive out with my LTZ ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can't much better than GM employee price and you can find out any applicable rebates online.

Have your sales guy show you the sheet, Employee price is listed at GMS. That plus tax and title or transfer. The only haggleing I have to worry about is a trade value if I'm off loading one.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Try the Internet Sales Mgr. for the Dealer. That's how I got my LTZ, everything is done over the net, all I had to do was go in sign the paperwork and drive out with my LTZ ;)
Yes, that's exactly like our Avalanche deal was, hmm, 6 years ago. Still the best and easiest ever.

Shop online using Chevrolet.com or the following (it shows supplier prices, but just ignore that):

http://www.gmbuypower.com/index.jsp?&partnerId=510023&userType=GMSUPPLR

http://www.chevrolet.com

Find a car to his specs or close, somewhere in the vicinity--ask if you need help searching (I like to play tricks on the sites and search around for specific things)--and just request a quote via the Chevrolet.com site. Dealers have at least one person specifically assigned to these requests and should get back to you quickly, most with a quick & easy price that's the same or lower than what you'd get just walking in.

Or if you know a dealer you really like, just work with them in person and give them exact specs and they can swap in a car that matches if they don't already have one, and just do the typical sales routine.

We've done a few using the GM sites, and I recommend it.

What model/options/colors/etc. is he wanting, or do you not know yet?

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is the way to do it and the way I just bought my LTZ yesterday. With several emails and a few phone to 5-6 dealers in the area, I managed to get the car at GMS plus $1,000 in rebates and the doc. fee was knocked down to $100.00 (normally $459.00). It was a great deal - got it for about $3,200 off MSRP.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Never pay the doc or processing fee. Like alivingMalibu said have it knocked down (I understand when trading in a car and transfering plates).

Dealers are in business of buying and selling cars... they should be good at the required paper work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.