Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wondering what all of you think about my idea to paint my stockers. I like the look of the wheels overall and want to add a custom touch to them by color matching. Let me know what you think before I pull the trigger on the paint gun...LOL

· Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come one everyone, SilverLTZ can't be the only one that has an opinion. I am seriously considering this and would like some more input, don't be shy. This is a forum and posting is allowed, with 60+ views I think this thread has not been unnoticed.

Thanks for the reply SilverLTZ, I think it will look good too, although some wheels like the ones your sportin wouldn't look bad either...LOL!

· Premium Member
344 Posts
Looks ok, Not a huge fan of color coating the rims but go for it!

· Registered
4,169 Posts
Are you gonna have these powdercoated or pro painted? If so the costs of that might just push you towards some aftermarket wheels. They weren't as expensive as I thought if you shop around.

· Registered
355 Posts
I'm not real crazy about it. I wouldn't hesitate to say go for it!!! if your car was white, black or gray/silver, but those are the only colors I like to see matched wheels on, but then I painted my steelies, and well... :(

But if you like the look, go for it. I think you'll have much better luck getting paint to match than powder coat though...

· Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. I can understand why it may be a bit much colormatching for some of you, I kinda feel the same way. Some aftermarket wheels have crossed my mind but since the wife uses it as a DD I worry that they will be in constant danger of curb checks/rash...haha. Like stated before, just wanted to give it a custom touch on the stockers but I have definitely taken your comments into consideration.

· Registered
100 Posts
spray can? Powder coat? What method are you looking at to apply the paint? I like the way it looks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.