Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. Locked the keys in the trunk. Phoned my son to get the OnStar #. Phoned it and navigated through the menu options to the point where it says "press 1 if you need your car unlocked". After pressing 1 I would hear 2 beeps and then I would be disconnected from the call. Tried this several times with two different cell phones and 1 land line phone. I also tried different options in order to just get a person on the line who could help me. Again no matter what I did as soon as I got to the point that a person would be on the line,, I would hear 2 beeps and then get disconnected. I ended up having my son drive 40 miles to bring my spare keys to me. I plan to phone them today and ask for an explination and ask for an extension of my trial. I'll post what they say. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
That's really weird, unless they were having an actual phone system glitch at headquarters. I would do exactly as you plan and call again after the fact, ask/complain about what happened amidst the situation, and go from there. Not demanding, but at least an explanation on both sides should help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got off the phone with OnStar. Followed the same menu as I did last night, but this time I got right through to someone who was ready to unlock my car. When I told her what happened last night she passed me on to a customer support person who after hearing about my disconnects last night offered to look into the matter fully. He took the ph#'s of the phones I used last night and the approximate time this all happened. He said they would email me an explination after they had looked into the matter. He did say that he had not heard of any "system Problems" last night. He also offered to extend our trial OnStar subscription for an additional 2 months. While I wasn't very happy last night with OnStar, todays response from them seems very good and I'm looking forward to see if they get back to me with any information after their investigation.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Good to hear. Hopefully they get back to you, because that would be worrying for the future if such a thing happened and you were stuck, and good that they at least offered you 2 courtesy months.

Sounds similar to my recent Onstar experience after a month of having the car and neither my phone or the Virtual Advisor working. Finally had time to sit and diagnose it with the rep who was terrific, and after getting it sorted out with Verizon--it was their issue all along--she added back some bonus phone minutes to my account for the trouble and was just very nice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hope everything works for you, I was stuck last night in a snowbank, called onstar, who offered me 30 minutes for my phone because of MY inconvience, then they called a tow truck for me. All I can say so far is that I think I will be keeping Onstar when my trial runs up. Very good experience so far.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, we did have to use OnStar from within the car for a minor problem when we first got the car and we connected quickly so from that point of view it seems to work well. It's trying to contact them when you are locked out of the car that seemed to be the issue on Saturday night. Still haven't heard back from them with an explination.

·
Registered
472 Posts
There must have been a system glitch somewhere. I have used their unlock service twice on my Tahoe. Once I had the phone number the vehicle was unlocked in about 5 minutes each time.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.