Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am in the process of buying an 09 LTZ and would like the dealer to put on the Razzi Body Kit so they can include it in the price of the car. Can anyone tell me the best price out there for it and what website. Also, where can I buy the sideview mirrors with the arrow markers built in the glass and where can I buy good HID Lights and what will I need just the bulbs? Thanks!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi, I am in the process of buying an 09 LTZ and would like the dealer to put on the Razzi Body Kit so they can include it in the price of the car. Can anyone tell me the best price out there for it and what website. Also, where can I buy the sideview mirrors with the arrow markers built in the glass and where can I buy good HID Lights and what will I need just the bulbs? Thanks!
You may want to reconsider having the dealer install the bodykit, one you'll be paying a premium on painting and installation. Best off having a bodyshop do the work over a dealer. As far as the signal mirrors I don't think they are available for the new Malibu. HID lights might be found on ebay but not sure if they've got them either for the new Malibu. HID's require the balast along with the kit in the HID conversion, oh and to let you know replacing the headlights is a bit of a pain the front bumper has to come off to access the headlights.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Oy, a Razzi kit wanter...regardless, Malibu Glow's advice on that is right.

Otherwise, no signal mirrors are available by anyone for the Malibu/Aura or G6, so the only way to get such a thing would be some kind of a custom job.

HID's can be done, in many ways with the proper kit/parts, but also as said it's a bit more intense installation wise than some--but doable, for sure.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys! The Dealer I'm buying the LTZ works with and outsources all there auto accessories to a local shop by the dealer. I talked to the owner of that accessory shop yesterday about the Razzi Kit. He said he could buy it and have a local Bodyshop that he works with put it on. The dealer said they would give me a good price at cost because they work together but who knows. The owner of the shop also said he would check with a glass company he uses to see about the sideview mirror with turn signals. I have to call him Monday so I will keep you guys posted on how much they will charge for the Razzi Kit and Installation and if they could do the sideview mirrors. Also, what is a good brand for the HID conversion Kit sounds like a pain in the butt to install?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay so the guy at the auto shop said just for the body kit to paint and install would cost me $2300. I told him forget it's not worth it. He also confirmed and said there are no mirrors available with sideview markers ugh! So, I think for now I will settle on Tint and HID Lights. In NJ I can only get in on both rear windows and back windshield. What do you guys recommend the shade I get? My car is black and I don't want the tint too dark just looking nice.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Okay so the guy at the auto shop said just for the body kit to paint and install would cost me $2300. I told him forget it's not worth it. He also confirmed and said there are no mirrors available with sideview markers ugh! So, I think for now I will settle on Tint and HID Lights. In NJ I can only get in on both rear windows and back windshield. What do you guys recommend the shade I get? My car is black and I don't want the tint too dark just looking nice.
Thankfully;)

A black LTZ just with tint is hot enough looking, as is, with no tacky body kit throwing off the lines. Same tint rules here in DE, and it being black, I'd say as dark as possible basically to match the black of the car. Not sure of the specific percentage, but there are actually 2 black LTZ's tinted as such running around here and they both look awesome.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I just had to post since I haven't tailed Beach in a while LOL..

wassup beach.. the twin goes in for repair finally TOMORROW.. then without him for like 12 days.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beach, thanks for the advice I think I will tint it as dark as possible. I will talk to the guys at the auto performance store for there advice as well but I'm definitely leaning in that direction. I think I will do that, have them put in some HID's, a K&N air filter and that should do it unless you recommend anything else?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.