Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bought a Chrysler 300 new in 2005. I drove it, and it was the 2.7 base. Really pretty car. 2 weeks ago the Chrysler stealership did routine service and changed the plugs and trans fluid/filter, per the books schedule (60k). Also, they found the inner and out tie rods were shot on both sides. I was amazed at that. So $784 later, I drove away. As I drove it a little more, I noticed the trans was vibrating and slipping. Problem got worse. So, they charged me $64 to hook it up to flash it and tell me what was wrong and if it didn't work, I didn't have to pay the money. They said it shouldn't be anything, since it wasn't doing it before I took it in for scheduled service. Well, it didn't work and 3 shops said, 'she's dead', and they refused to refund my money. Chrysler outright called me a liar, and said that it was like that before I ever brought it in. Let's see, would I really spend almost 800 bucks, then say, oh by the way???.... Wouldn't I just go trade it in before ever putting money into it? The 'liar' word put me over the edge and I had to leave before things really got out of control.

So, I buttered her up, used grandpa's employee discount and traded my upside down 300 for a brand spankin' new 08 Malibu LS. Wow, what a difference!!!! This is the 2.4 and I'm happy to say, she's got 'more power Scotty' than the 300 ever dreamed of, and I no longer drive by wire, I have actual control with the steering in the Chevy. First Chevy I've ever owned, and you can't beat the 5 year 100k warrenty. I'll never go back to Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Eagle, or anything associated with them, and am sorry for you if you own one of there products.

I've driven it about 75 miles around town and love the new Mali! Way to go Chevy!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. Chrysler products are not in good shape right now I would say since 2004 their cars are not worth the money at all. Sorry you had problems and hear that you got stabbed in the back from them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.