Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm a new member and glad I found other Malibu lovers. We just bought a gold one. Have 760 miles on it. Trying to get one thousand so I can change the oil b/4 going on a trip to CA. I am going to use Amisol. Have always used Mobil 1 in the past. Have heard good things about Amisol.. Look forward to reading your post and getting info on the Malibu"s. Be safe out there. Harleyman88...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The proper tool for your oil filter

I located the correct oil filter socket for GM 2.2L. This tool also fits the Malibu equiped with the 2.4L 4 cylinder engine. It is from Lisle Corporation and can be purchased at O'Rileys auto parts and also can be found at Amazon.com. The Lisle part number is 14700 and sells for $12.00. It is a low profile socket used with 3/8" drive. It is best to use a universal and an extention when using this socket. It is a great little special tool. Be sure to replace the O ring each time when changing the filter and make sure it is seated in it's proper groove. I just used this tool on my new Malibu and It works great. Happy day turning wrenches....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.