Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, in a move sort of like with the '08 LTZ "Spring Package" 4-cyls and their unique 17" chrome wheels sourced from the G6, GM just released a new wheel choice for 2009 models that again comes from the G6.

Now--as of very recently--optional on 2LT V6 sedans are the 18" chrome-tech (i.e. a plastic chrome face pressed on) wheels first on the '08 G6, above. Option code QR2, they're a $195 up charge over the standard machined aluminum 2LT V6 wheels.

As a few have already been built, I was able to find some dealer pictures with them as well:

I've liked the look of these on the G6 and still do on the 'Bu, but prefer my SS-look standard wheels still. Regardless, it's a cheap option and if you don't like the standard wheels but want a 2LT V6...hopefully these will do it for you now.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, but standard 09 2LT wheels are way better IMHO.
I agree, of course;) Especially because they're solid aluminum and not with a pressed on chrome plastic face.

At least this way, there's a choice. Not sure how much wheels factored into 2LT V6 buying, but it's now the only model to offer a choice of factory wheels, so I guess that's a good thing--and they're chrome, for those who need a little more flash.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pretty sure I saw these rims on a new HHR the other night.
Nope, CLOSE, but not the same and an inch smaller.

Current upgrade '09 HHR 17" wheels:

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Nice, but me think that me like the solid 18s (SS style I suppose) more :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.