Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows of a site that lists the number of new car sales each month based on manufacturer and model? Just interested in looking at recent trends.

·
Registered
512 Posts
LOL @ tundra.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Pizza Man, thats exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thats pretty good that the new Malibu is already starting to tear into the Camry/Accord/Corolla.

I always like seeing another Malibu on the road as it shows that GM is making a good car again!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thats pretty good that the new Malibu is already starting to tear into the Camry/Accord/Corolla.

I always like seeing another Malibu on the road as it shows that GM is making a good car again!
Camry has 50% more sales than Malibu last month. Generally, newer cars sell better the first couple of years then slack off. I doubt Malibu will get any closer to Toyota or Honda.

Also, remember units moved does not relate to profit. Honda and Toyota sell at a profit moreso than Chevy. Chevy will again dump alot of cars at the end of the year and pound their chest about selling X number of cars while losing billions of dollars again.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Camry has 50% more sales than Malibu last month. Generally, newer cars sell better the first couple of years then slack off. I doubt Malibu will get any closer to Toyota or Honda.
Why not?? They have more safety equipment standard than both the Camry and Accord.
Better fuel mileage than both. More interior AND cargo room then them too. Only thing that the Malibu doesnt have is a better hybrid model.

Only thing that is keeping their sales above the Malibu is perception.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Why not?? They have more safety equipment standard than both the Camry and Accord.
Better fuel mileage than both. More interior AND cargo room then them too. Only thing that the Malibu doesnt have is a better hybrid model.

Only thing that is keeping their sales above the Malibu is perception.
Perceived or real, the fact is people must think those other cars are better or they wouldnt be buying them. Success is measured in sales and profit, not what a news article says.

It willl take many years to get the loyalty back from former GM buyers. the Malibu is a good start.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Also, remember units moved does not relate to profit. Honda and Toyota sell at a profit moreso than Chevy.
Not at this time they aren't. They are trying to move the metal just like the Detroit guys are and they are losing money while they do it. Toyota is down to $18B cash which is about where GM was a year ago. Not sure from the report I read but their liabilities may be greater than GM due to their aggressive expansion plans that took it in the shorts when the bottom fell out of the financial markets. The Hybrids that were selling at a loss before are now selling for an even greater loss. Consumers finally started wising up. Why pay the surcharge for a hybrid when it takes 4 years at $4/gallon gas to get a payback. With $2 gas the payback is 8 years. In that time the mileage on all cars will have climbed to the point that the older hybrids will have zilch trade in value.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.