Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Malibu 2012 LT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, wanted to say hello. Just got my first Chevy, which is a 2012 Malibu with 97k miles. Silver LT. very happy on day one of ownership. I’ve always been a Pontiac guy. Really like the lines on the car.

I’m looking forward to hangin here and learning all the good and bad about this car.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,533 Posts
Welcome. I never owned a gen7 but read a lot here. 2012 seems like a great model year. Congrats!

Is this LT equipped with the 2.4L 4 or 3.6L 6?

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Got my old '09 2.4 4 speed trans. 'bu with 75k miles on it, using synth. oils in the trans and motor I drove it to 190k miles when I sold it running fine. Changed oil by the oil life monitor and did the trans. every 40k miles.
I myself would do a fluid change in the trans as it probably was never done to keep it healthy and happy.

·
Registered
Malibu 2012 LT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my old '09 2.4 4 speed trans. 'bu with 75k miles on it, using synth. oils in the trans and motor I drove it to 190k miles when I sold it running fine. Changed oil by the oil life monitor and did the trans. every 40k miles.
I myself would do a fluid change in the trans as it probably was never done to keep it healthy and happy.
That’s good advice. And exactly why I join this forum, to get an understanding of the car and hints on keeping it running great. I’ll look into the Tran fluid change. Any advice is always welcomed.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,533 Posts
I see you have a new member intro discussion in the new members section and a maintenance advice discussion now so I'll close this one so we don't get advice in multiple places.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.