Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the new grille today and it took about 3 hours to install with 2 people. The directions were only somewhat helpful, but enough to point us in the right direction. I recommend you have someone to help you if you plan on doing it, as some parts are just simply a pain in the ass. I don't have any pictures yet. It was too dark when i was done, and I want to wash it first. However, it looks sweet. I know you will be anxious to see it, but I plan on washing it Thursday and will hopefully get some pictures. The latest would be Friday. I have finals tomorrow and Thursday otherwise it would be sooner.
I was not able to take pictures of the install because I forgot to charge my camera.

So, if you plan on doing it, give yourself about 3 hours, extra hands are always helpful. You can't rely just on in the instructions, will take some thinking and observations. I will answer any questions that you have for me.

P.S. - You do have to jack the car up, so plan for that as well.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Is the chrome or stainless steel surround part of the mess grill insert?
How did the quality look?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
COME ON DUDE!!!!!! PIX!!! .....i gotta work on being more patient......
Haha, yeah you do. I'm at work right now. I can go home before I go to school and snap a few pics with my phone.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
That grill is sweet :D but that license bracket just doesn't do it for me, really distracts from the clean front end :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That grill is sweet :D but that license bracket just doesn't do it for me, really distracts from the clean front end :(
The license plate bracket doesn't come with it. I told the dealer to keep mine off so there wouldn't be any holes. My state does not require the front license plate.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are some crappy pictures I took real quick with my iphone, and it was raining out, so the sun was not out to shine on it.

After I wash it, and it's sunny out, I'll get some real good pictures.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Nice job, looks like a fine upgrade for only $175. I think you'll see quite a few members follow your lead.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Here are some crappy pictures I took real quick with my iphone, and it was raining out, so the sun was not out to shine on it.

After I wash it, and it's sunny out, I'll get some real good pictures.

Now that's looking nice, without the factory license bracket it really cleans up the front end, when I order my Bu I will delete the bracket also :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now that's looking nice, without the factory license bracket it really cleans up the front end, when I order my Bu I will delete the bracket also :D
Yeah, just make sure it doesn't come with it installed, otherwise you'll have the holes there. Im not sure if they will come installed, but I'd make sure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice job, looks like a fine upgrade for only $175. I think you'll see quite a few members follow your lead.
Thanks for the compliment. I'm willing to answer any questions as it is a lengthy process and some things are not mentioned in the instructions.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Pizza Man,
Can you make the notes a sticky in the General Discussion forum if they get posted?

JJones,
It's a nice, suttle upgrade that will POP when the sun and the car is shining!

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Pizza Man,
Can you make the notes a sticky in the General Discussion forum if they get posted?

JJones,
It's a nice, suttle upgrade that will POP when the sun and the car is shining!
Patrick, the first thing I'm gonna do is move this thread into the Mods Forum. Making it a sticky is not a problem, if there is as much demand for it as I think there will be.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dude, that is amazing, very clean install!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.