Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The name is dom, i recently bought a 2006 Malibu SS and I’m in love with it. I've been trying to learn more about the car, but it seems nonexistent online. Looking for insight and outlets for aftermarket parts

·
Super Moderator
722 Posts
Welcome to the forums, dom! We'd love to see pictures of your sweet ride if you have any and care to share! Is there anything in particular that you're looking for? Mechanical or body parts since I know the latter has a tendency to rust for some reason. They seem to be like a Timex though, they take a lickin' and they keep on tickin'.

·
Supporting Vendor
641 Posts
Hello, Dom! Welcome to the site and congrats on your Malibu. Pictures are a must. Just about everything you could ever want to know about your new ride can be found here. If we can be any help to you don't hesitate in asking!

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,876 Posts
Your best bet for finding aftermarket support is to research the Pontiac G6 GTP, which also had the 3.9L pushrod engine from the Malibu SS and those owners are much more likely to find all the go-fast parts.

The Malibu SS is a neat rare car. Definitely post pics, there are very few around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forums, dom! We'd love to see pictures of your sweet ride if you have any and care to share! Is there anything in particular that you're looking for? Mechanical or body parts since I know the latter has a tendency to rust for some reason. They seem to be like a Timex though, they take a lickin' and they keep on tickin'.
I recently posted a few pictures, but I’ll have more as soon as she’s out of the shop. I’m looking for body parts, interior parts as well as performance parts, but nothing too crazy. More so of little power adders to get the bu over 300hp

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your best bet for finding aftermarket support is to research the Pontiac G6 GTP, which also had the 3.9L pushrod engine from the Malibu SS and those owners are much more likely to find all the go-fast parts.

The Malibu SS is a neat rare car. Definitely post pics, there are very few around.
Thank you for the tip, I’m hopping over to a G6 forum as well to help look for performance parts. I’ve also found that Impala LTZ’s use the 3.9L, but I’m not super knowledgeable, so i’m always looking to learn more.

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,377 Posts
Don't forget about the Pontiac Montana minivan. Those rocked the LZ9 3.9L! They have a forum community too with all those wild minivan mods.

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,377 Posts

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts