Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just registered here I'm on a bunch of different motorcycle forums, I use the same name on all of them (rneal55555) so somebody may know me from one of those.

I don't have a Malibu but one may shortly be in my future. My wife had an accident and totaled our 04 Grand Cherokee. We looked at some Maxx's a couple of years ago and I'm pretty sure that's the way we're gonna go this time. Probably would have back then but we ran into a sweet deal on the GC.

So I have a couple of questions well one really I'm looking at a 05 Maxx at a really good price about $7000, it has 127,000 miles on it. High miles I know but the price reflects that, the question is how many miles can I expect out of the drive-train? I'm a pretty heavy duty wrench and wouldn't think twice about swapping out the engine or trans myself but I would like to think a can get a 100,000 or so miles out of it before I have to.

So if anybody has a high mileage Malibu with the 3.5 I be interested in hearing you experience with it.

I tried doing a search but it didn't seem to be working all I got was some gobility guck

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.