Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Saturday! Hey, everybody. I'm new to the group. I've owned a 99 Grand Am, a 15 and a 16 Cruze in the past, but just bought my 19 Malibu RS in July. She's summit white and currently unmodified with the exception of a front license plate bracket. I would like to do a few things such as black Malibu emblems, tint the windows, wrap the wing in gloss black, and eventually get heated and vented leather that's black with red back and bottom inserts. Also, I have a question. Is it possible to swap out the headlight bulbs in these? I'd like my headlights to be brighter. Can't wait to learn more about my car and meet new people!

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,649 Posts
Welcome to CMF!

Congrats on the new ride, too.

Not sure about the headlights. Check your owner's manual for alerts/warnings about the headlights. Some of these newer models are worried about changing things. Also, use the "Search Community" box above, or to the right click the 3 dots for Advanced Search.

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,381 Posts
Welcome. Congrats on the new 19 RS. You certainly can change the headlights but some have had issues with flickering under Auto stop. A few have had no issue. Most of the mods threads around involve replacement in the 2.0T trims without auto stop. The manual has a grim warning against installing aftermarket LED headlights.

·
Supporting Vendor
641 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Malibu! Show it to us when you can. There is a ton of information about our platform with supporting vendors who can get you where you want to go. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to help!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome to the group, you definitely came to the right place. I can’t wait to see some pics! :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts