Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I guess its going to take longer than i thought to get my bu, but that just lets me save up to do more modifications to it when i do get it.

What do ya'll think of this?

*Edit*
Uploaded new picture, fixed the shadow of the car

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like it. Wish there was a model with the frame around the windows in the Black MATTE like you have on your pic. I ordered the LT2 with the v6 rather than the LTZ because the LTZ has CHROME door handles. Im not a chrome or wood trim guy. So the LT2 has body color door handles. Im going to check if there is some material that can cover the chrome around the window with a black matte finish. Dont know if there is a paint that will stick.'

Would also like to find an all BLACK grill like you have.

The new Fusion "Special Appearance Group" car has what is called BLACK CHROME grill that is really snazzy.

·
Registered
700 Posts
mrbill - Have you conisdered using a vinyl overlay on the chrome? The only reason I mention this is I have done it before on a red GP I had previously. Same reason didn't like the chrome around the windows so I bought some good quality vinyl (the kind they use for decals) and took my time applying it.

Worked out quite nicely and never really caused me any problems. I only had an issue once with a "scratch" peeling the vinyl and all it took was appyling to new piece and never had a problem again.

I know you can get the vinyl in a black matte finish also so this could be your best course of action with least amount of "damage" to the original underneath.

Just some thoughts and things I have done in the past. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Justin - Like the concept, not sure about the colours though....Would be interesting if the brought out a body kit for the Bu' would certainly spruce it up and add some more dimension to it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
mrbill - Have you conisdered using a vinyl overlay on the chrome? The only reason I mention this is I have done it before on a red GP I had previously. Same reason didn't like the chrome around the windows so I bought some good quality vinyl (the kind they use for decals) and took my time applying it.

Worked out quite nicely and never really caused me any problems. I only had an issue once with a "scratch" peeling the vinyl and all it took was appyling to new piece and never had a problem again.

I know you can get the vinyl in a black matte finish also so this could be your best course of action with least amount of "damage" to the original underneath.

Just some thoughts and things I have done in the past. Hope it helps.
-------------------------------------

I thought about that and may make a stab at it.

I also sent an email to an aftermarket place that does the opposite. They make a CHROME kit to cover the center posts and give it a Pimp-Mobile look. Not for me but I was thinking if they could make a chrome version for those posts they could make a matte black version for the entire trim around the window....??

But have not heard back from them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I guess its going to take longer than i thought to get my bu, but that just lets me save up to do more modifications to it when i do get it.

What do ya'll think of this?
Nice paint scheme.

I offer two suggestions, and you could try in in Photoshop... Add gunmetal grey thin stripe between the Lambo orange and white. It will make a BIG difference in the pop of the paint. I'd also suggest pulling the orange on the front fascia.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice paint scheme.

I offer one suggestion, and you could try in in Photoshop... Add a bright red, or gunmetal grey thin stripe between the Lambo orange and white. It will make a BIG difference in the pop of the paint.
That'd be nice! How about a contrasting color like a green, I'd have to see it first but in my head it sounds cool. Wider at the back and tapering to the front.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.