Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve had my new Malibu for about 2 weeks now and the gas mieage seems to be terrible ,how long does it take to break in and get better mileage.I had a HHR with the same 2.4L and got great mileage but I don`t remember how long it took to achieve it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had mine since Dec. 31st, and I'm averaging 24.7 mixed Highway and City. MPG's are going up as the weather warms up, and I'm hoping for 27-28 by Spring!

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have had our new Malibu LT2 for 2 weeks. We have driven it in a variety of conditions and it seems to get 19 to 20 mpg in city stop and go type driving, 23 to 24 mpg in suburban type driving (combination city and hwy driving) and on the expressway it is getting 26 to 27 mpg. The car is brand new and still in its break in period. I think the gearing to make the 4 work in this size car is responsible for the low city MPG. I'm hoping each of the types of driving will improve by 1 or 2 mpg after the break in. The quality is fantastic for this price car and the biggest surprise has be how quiet it is inside while driving.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After 1 month now I took a drive yesterday to a golf show in Montreal,according to the computer I was getting about 30.5 MPG at about 65 MPH,the temp was about 25 degrees,I should improve on that when the weather gets warmer and it`s broken in.Pretty good I would say!

·
Registered
326 Posts
After 1 month now I took a drive yesterday to a golf show in Montreal,according to the computer I was getting about 30.5 MPG at about 65 MPH,the temp was about 25 degrees,I should improve on that when the weather gets warmer and it`s broken in.Pretty good I would say!
25 degrees C or F?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
F ,up here in Quebec it won`t get up to 25C for a few months.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey what kind of fuel mileage are you getting?
I have a 09 LTZ 2.4 six speed
24.5 mpg all city stop and go. Haven't had it out on the road. 09 2.4 six speed 1LT.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.