Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Malibu Limited 2.5L
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got myself into a 2016 Malibu Limited here in Honolulu... joined the Forum for good contacts and info as I’m learning it myself. First thing is I want to change Are my headlight bulbs To LEDs, anyone have a good no modification swap to a better bulb?
Mahalo!
James

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,195 Posts
Welcome to CMF!

If you use the search feature above, you should be able to find some discussions about that. If you use the Advanced feature, you can filter the results.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I personally bought my leds from xenondepot.com and they give some of the best light I've seen at night. There was a small modification to the bulb housing cap, a small hole was made to put a connector through it. They came with a rubber plug to make it water tight :) little bit pricey but fully worth it in my opinion

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Jensen!

If you are on a budget like I was, I bought these off amazon a few days ago and just installed them as my new lo-beams.

Just take off the cap on the back of the headlights, press the connector and push down to disconnect, twist the bulb out and throw these new ones in. They have a pigtail connector because they need a controller, so you can just throw it all in the headlight assembly and screw the cap back on.

Here they are on my Malibu... have fun.

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Malibu Limited 2.5L
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the replies! I’ll give the amazon ones a shot! Mahalo 🤙🏼

·
Registered
151 Posts
I personally bought my leds from xenondepot.com and they give some of the best light I've seen at night. There was a small modification to the bulb housing cap, a small hole was made to put a connector through it. They came with a rubber plug to make it water tight :) little bit pricey but fully worth it in my opinion
I'd like to see your cap and plug setup. Does Xenondepot sell just that? I'm happy with my lights but sometimes they're foggy on the inside and i think it's because i don't have the caps on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got a 15 LS. The car uses the low beams as a DRL. I believe they are run at about half power for DRL mode and full power with the headlights on. If this is indeed the case, do you get any flicker or other issues with your LED low beams on as DRLs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts