Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly it looks like this region is not really trafficed. Maybe that could change. Well for startes, anyone have any modifications, custom work or anything done to their malibu besides myself?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess not. It does not help if people view the thread but do not provide any input to the thread. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I guess I can provide input just because. Am in Catonsville and bought an 08 certified used 'bu over the holidays. I am going to keep it pretty much stock since I think the 252hp it came with is pretty insane already (course my last car was a kia sephia so maybe I am just not used to torque steer yet.) Probably could have gotten away with the 4 cylinder but then it would be hard to find the 6 speed tranny with the flappy paddle shifter in an 08 (since they don't sell the 'bu as a stick shift that paddle shifter is the next best thing -- and I am sorry but a 4 speed does seem a little lame these days.)

Anyway so far I like it a lot! Can't believe I have been going to work all this time with a cold non-heated seat like a sucker! Never had a car with leather before I wonder how it will feel in shorts in the summer. Yes besides my wife's minivan, this is the first car I ever had that had any options at all.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seeing as how most people cannot drive a manual these days; I don't blame them for only making automatics.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,162 Posts
......Anyway so far I like it a lot! Can't believe I have been going to work all this time with a cold non-heated seat like a sucker! Never had a car with leather before I wonder how it will feel in shorts in the summer. Yes besides my wife's minivan, this is the first car I ever had that had any options at all.
Tie,
I have the UltraLux leather interior as well. I was worried about it, too. Got mine December '08 and haven't looked back. The seats in the summer are suprisingly not that bad to get in and sit on. And I was worried! "Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

And, yeah, I was a sucker all those years, too! Hold on, I think I hear a raven about to speak...

One of my next mods is going to be to make the seat heaters turn on during the remote start cycle. I have the schematics, now I just need to do a little tinkering and ... Voila! Warm seats before I even get in. How nice will that be?

Happy driving! You'll grow to love your 'Bu like the rest of us do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts