Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all
Im new to this forum but not new to working on anything. I just bought my daughter her first car has her permit. The car is 2008 Malibu with a production date of 8/07 Its a LT VE? cant find info on the ve guessing V is for the optional V 6 engine and the E ? no idea. I will be doing a few projects with my daughter possible radio upgrade but see an issue with the information that is in the stock radio. also a clucking in rear . Also it says it should have 16in wheels but has 17in .This was a well cared for veh. from a private company that did all services then sold to older gentlemen who owned for 4 years an added 36,000 miles in those 4 years. it has 190,000 runs like new looks like new . I am looking for clarification on some of these issue thanks to all for any future information.

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
What you have is a fleet model with the 3.5L high-value V6/4-speed automatic. The "VE" designation must have something to do with that. On consumer models, the V6 was only available with the 2LT trim level, and used a peformance-oriented 3.6L DOHC with 6-speed automatic with standard 18 inch alloys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok it does have a Low and Drive designation but if you put in low you can up or down with small thumb button on side. Also has 17 in wheels on it not 16 like door sticker says. I guess someone changed them out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
GUSS327
Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Chevy Malibu Forum is the best place for owners of the sedan to connect with the community and discuss MPG, mods, and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing