Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon be the owner of 2011 Malibu 1LT in Mocha with 81,000 miles that will be driven primarily by my soon to be 16 year old son. This seems like a great car for a teenager and he is sure getting a better car than my first car (1970 Ford Maverick with 3 on the tree).

-Jim

·
Super Moderator
722 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's certainly a great first car, that's for sure!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I will soon be the owner of 2011 Malibu 1LT in Mocha with 81,000 miles that will be driven primarily by my soon to be 16 year old son. This seems like a great car for a teenager and he is sure getting a better car than my first car (1970 Ford Maverick with 3 on the tree).

-Jim
My second boy scoutmaster had a Maverick with a three on the tree. Used to call it a poor man's
Mustang!

·
Registered
156 Posts

-Jim

1970 Ford Maverick.... I had TWO of them (Maverick Grabber, and later, a regular Maverick). Both had the C4 auto 3 speed trannies.

In comparison to your first car, your son is receiving a Lexus sedan!

·
Supporting Vendor
641 Posts
Hi, Jim! Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new addition to the family, make sure to show it to us when it arrives. There is a ton of information about our platform with supporting vendors who can get you where you want to go. Be sure to reach out if any help needed!

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,634 Posts
Welcome to CMF! When you finally bring the car home, consider getting some pictures of it for yourself to compare as the years go by, and share some here if you're so inclined.

I love tint since getting it on my first 'Bu, a 2009 model, back in December 2008. Got any plans for yours?

My first car was a '66 Chevy II station wagon (not the Nova trim) with 230 straight 6 and 3-on-the-tree. Got it for $400, sold it a couple years later. That guy loved it. Only a few months later he was either drunk or high and a tree took it from him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts