Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the forum. I own a 2008 Malibu LS which is golden pewter metallic in color. I bought it December 2007 just when they came out. It has been a great car and is fun to drive but there have been problems.
The power steering motor was acting up and has been in the shop twice. They finally replaced the motor but the same symptoms have started to show again.
The cruise/info buttons on the steering wheel also failed and have been replaced.
Has anyone else had problems with their power steering system?

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Sorry I can't help you much but I've been told that the 4 cyl has electronic power steering whereas the V6 has hydraulic. I was told that with the elctronic if your engine dies you still have power steering. Were you told if the problem was electronic or hyd? I don't know much more than that. I happen to have hyd. steering and it works fine.

Frank

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello, I am new to the forum. I own a 2008 Malibu LS which is golden pewter metallic in color. I bought it December 2007 just when they came out. It has been a great car and is fun to drive but there have been problems.
The power steering motor was acting up and has been in the shop twice. They finally replaced the motor but the same symptoms have started to show again.
The cruise/info buttons on the steering wheel also failed and have been replaced.
Has anyone else had problems with their power steering system?
I'm not a big fan of the electric power steering, but I have not had any problems like you have had.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.