Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saying 'HI', first post. I am one of those Toyota buyers that switched to Chevy because of the new Malibu! (And the GMS pricing and the $2700 I had saved up on the GM card :D) Couldn't argue with almost $5,000 off sticker on a brand new car as nice as this.

We drove the LE Camry 4 cylinder, the SE Camry fully loaded sport model, the 2LT Malibu 4 cylinder, and the LTZ V6 fully loaded cars all back-to-back one long day last week. Even took a Camry home overnight and a Malibu home over the weekend.

We've been buying/driving Toyotas since the late '80's. Coudn't beat the resale value, and the cars never broke and drove well. We were pleasantly surprised to find that we liked the new Malibu equally or better in almost every aspect than the Camry models that competed price-wise.

We decided to go with an '09 2LT Malibu (wife didn't care for the two-tone leather, I loved it) because of the great black leather seats and dark carpet/dash/door panels that we both could agree on. We then decided on the 4 cylinder over the V6 because of the way we use our cars. The 2.4 is quieter/smoother and gets 5 mpg better than the V6 so that's what we ended up with. I drive for mileage, and so far am averaging 34 mpg!! (Still on second tank of gas).

We're very pleased with this car! My first new Chevy car since 1986! (We have owned 3 Chevy trucks since then, so we weren't TOTAL die-hard jap buyers) :p

Glad to have a Chevy in the drive again! Even if it's made somewhere else :eek:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Welcome!! Im a toyota convert as well :) I had a Scion xB that was wrecked and I traded my Scion tC for an 09 LTZ! So far im super impressed!

:D

·
Registered
795 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Were you able to use $2,700 from your GM credit card points because you are a GMS?
The GM points allowance for the Malibu is only $1,000.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm not 'GMS', just a regular guy. All of the cars are priced for everyone at GMS pricing until the end of the month.

I have the 'GM World Blue' card, which used to be the 'GM Gold' card. From what I've been hearing, MANY people got screwed over somehow when GM switched the card over. I carefully read the switch-over documents, and hoped I ended up with the correct card, which I did. Lucky me. I got into the GM Gold card the first year it came out. Somehow, many people ended up choosing the 'other' card with limits, which I don't know much about.

The GM World Blue card has no limits on any model. This card allows you to accrue $500 per year, up to $3500, just like the original Gold Card. I had 'earned' almost $2700 on the card when we decided to jump into a new car, and I spent it all :p

P.S., I read my window sticker closer, and my car IS made in America. Says Kansas City. Yee Haa!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Made in Kansas City, eh? Fairfax? I was wondering what they were gonna retool it for. Congrats on the purchase and welcome over from the dark side (Toyota)!!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm not 'GMS', just a regular guy. All of the cars are priced for everyone at GMS pricing until the end of the month.

I have the 'GM World Blue' card, which used to be the 'GM Gold' card. From what I've been hearing, MANY people got screwed over somehow when GM switched the card over. I carefully read the switch-over documents, and hoped I ended up with the correct card, which I did. Lucky me. I got into the GM Gold card the first year it came out. Somehow, many people ended up choosing the 'other' card with limits, which I don't know much about.

The GM World Blue card has no limits on any model. This card allows you to accrue $500 per year, up to $3500, just like the original Gold Card. I had 'earned' almost $2700 on the card when we decided to jump into a new car, and I spent it all :p

P.S., I read my window sticker closer, and my car IS made in America. Says Kansas City. Yee Haa!
Looks like we have a different card. It is a World card silver color. There is no limit on what we can earn in a year, but there is a limit on what we can redeem. We had the card for 3 or 4 years and earned $3,200. Looks like we did not get hurt, we were able to redeem $1,000 on two cars for a total of $2,000. If we would have had the other card we would have only been able to earn $2,000 in 4 years. For us it looks like it was a wash. If GM ever has the option to change, we will try to get the card you have.

·
Registered
795 Posts
There is also a sticker on the inside of the driver's door. It will be Lake Orion, Mich. or the Fairfax plant in Kansas City.

·
Registered
112 Posts
that is correct the silver cc only allows a max on each model but the blue card lets you accumulate 3500.00 towards a new car. the silver one also allows you to use it to buy like direct tv or such the blue is only for use on cars. i did not switch mine to the silver. glad i did not do it now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no idea if GM still offers the 'Blue' 'World' card to new subscribers.

My card is mostly metal flake silver, with a square blue GM box symbol in the upper left and the word 'World' over on the right side above the 'mastercard' symbol.

You may have to call them to see if you can get one. The number on the back of mine is: 888-763-5655

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took a look at my GM card history. I've redeemed $9,000 since I got my card.

·
Registered
512 Posts
We have the GM Extended Family card. Saves us a lot with new cars. Our '03 Envoy was priced at $32k, we got it for only $22k.

But anyways, welcome to the site, and thanks for buying Chevy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.