Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With my aversion to gold watches, gold chains - it transferred to the cars too. Now completed covering all the gold bowties....

I did this the first week I got the car

Just finished these two with a purchase from eBay. A bit dirty. Didn't get a chance to wash it...

·
Registered
135 Posts
nice, i might have to find some blue vinyl some where

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thats looks slick!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I like the look, I have some red vinyl left over from a previous car, may have to take a look at this when I get my Bu'

·
Registered
8 Posts
So how is this mod done? Is there a special type of material? Where do you get it? How long does it take? If anyone can provide a how-to that would be awesome.

Thanks.

·
Registered
701 Posts
So how is this mod done? Is there a special type of material? Where do you get it? How long does it take? If anyone can provide a how-to that would be awesome.

Thanks.
I second this request....AMGE63 - How about a How-To Write Up? Any tips or tricks? Anything you would do differently if you did it again?

Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey everyone... I contacted the guy that makes the trailblazer vinyl bowties today. He and I are gonna work on getting these for the Malibu. I am sending him measurments and pictures tonight for the 'bu! I'll let you know how it goes and update you after I get everything over to him. I love the look!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
That is great news B-Ran I hope he can get them in my color blue! Thanks for the hard work!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I second this request....AMGE63 - How about a How-To Write Up? Any tips or tricks? Anything you would do differently if you did it again?

Thanks.
No particular tips or tricks. If you know how to put on a band-aid, you can do this. I had to trim the Trailblazer stickers manually, each one. So they are not exactly perfect. So when this eBay seller finally gets it right, I might re-do them again. Although they look pretty good if don't get down close to look at it. When you guys get this vinyl stuff from that seller, it will be pretty easy to do and you can have it matching colors like I did.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey everyone... I contacted the guy that makes the trailblazer vinyl bowties today. He and I are gonna work on getting these for the Malibu. I am sending him measurments and pictures tonight for the 'bu! I'll let you know how it goes and update you after I get everything over to him. I love the look!!
B-Ran, Tell Vince I hooked you guys up. Maybe he'll send me some new ones that are properly sized? My hack job is just okay. Thanks for taking the initative! Post pictures!

·
Registered
38 Posts
B-Ran, Tell Vince I hooked you guys up. Maybe he'll send me some new ones that are properly sized? My hack job is just okay. Thanks for taking the initative! Post pictures!
Will do... got an email from him yesterday. He needs one addtional measurement. I'll keep everyone updated! Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What was the cost for the other ones you bought?
The total was less than $10.00 total off eBay. Which is a lot if you consider they're just die-cut vinyl sticker. But small price to pay for me to not see the gold...

·
Registered
135 Posts
You might want to blur out your license plate in the photos on the first page.
what good will that do? people driving next to you on the street can see it. LMAO

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.