Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. Trading in my wife's '07 Suburban for a new Malibu LTZ V6, times have gotten tough. I drove a 4 cylinder, an Impala LTZ V6, and an Equinox 2LT V6. These were the only ones in my price range right now, and it seems the Malibu is the only fit. The Impala had great room for me, but at 6'4", even my 12 year old couldn't sit behind me. The Equinox had great rear leg room, but at my height, my seat had to be all the way back and the middle column between the front and back doors pushed me to the right, and did not allow for me to use the door armrest because of the positioning. My wife isn't all that keen on going back to a car as she hasn't had one in almost 13 years, so I guess I'm just looking for someone to tell me we won't regret it too much, and that I won't lose all my "perks" from her, lol. Thanks. Any problems or good notes about the car would be very beneficial too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you like the suburban, why not keep it? It's probably not worth nearly as much as you'd like in trade. The malibu is a great car, but not nearly the size of your truck.

Good luck!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Malibu's a great car be like Speedster said.. why not just keep your Suburban? Or are you looking to cut back on your payments?

The Equinox is being redesigned for 2010.. looks GREAT.. Traverse might also be a good optinon for you?

You're probably good not choosing the Impala.. it's going to be redesigned in a year or two anyway.. you don't want to drive an out of style vehicle for the full price do you?

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The payments were the issue. We were paying $670 a month on the burban, and now we're down to $430. My business has slowed down too much to make the payments anymore. The Traverse is really nice, but if I want any options, including the color we like, it's way more than we can afford now. Gotta say, a week later, I'm pretty happy with the Malibu. It'd be nice if I didn't feel the need to spin the tires with it, but my dually won't do it yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The suburban is a great vehicle, but with the quietness and fit & finish of the Malibu, I don't think you'll see it as any kind of down-grade. Congrats and lots of luck.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.