Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so, some of you may know my car was swiped in a parking lot a few weeks ago. Well, just a few weeks ago (about five or so days after being hit) I started to notice a plastic-like noise like plastic was rubbing and grinding on plastic...or it's metal that is muffled by the noise sealants all over the Malibu.

It sounds like it is coming from beside me in the driver's seat, but slightly backward, like it should be the paneling of the back driver's side door or the B Pillar.

It only occurs when I am going slow or hit a rough patch of road and the vehicle itself moves and rocks (I tried jumping up and down and rocking my seat and cannot replicate the sound). So it is definitely the car, and not my seat or anything. I have pushed on paneling and pulled, and still cannot replicate (or prevent, in some tests) the sound.

It has me very concerned, because whenever I move my head to try to listen I get a new idea of where it may be coming from. When upright, it sounds like it is around my B Pillar (or in it), then when I have my head close to the B Pillar it sounds like it is in my back bench. Then I had a friend back there listening and they swore it sounded like it was coming from the B Pillar until he moved his head to there, and thought it was coming from where he was sitting!

Any ideas on what it could be? I plan on bringing it up to my dealer next time I get it serviced.

EDIT:

Also, sometimes the blinker will not turn itself off when turning right (either very sharp rights or very shallow rights, it no longer turns itself off...only on moderate right turns). It has made, since I bought it, a very harsh sound like it was breaking plastic whenever it would turn itself off and it just stopped turning itself off. I think something broke 0_0

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I had my dad in the back bench earlier today (self-made mechanic, so he knows a bit about cars) and said that it sounded like the coils in the back tire were squeeking; which could mean two things:

Dirty, or Defective.

So I think I am just going to put up with it until my next oil change...2,000 miles from now :eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.