Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone .
So for the last few weeks I have been battling this issue with my 2018 Malibu radio . It’s been giving me a blank screen and my radio doesn’t work, neither does the front usbs . I checked every fuses in the car, ( it wasn’t the fuses) took it to a shop ( they couldn’t figure it out ) , but today I just solved my own issue . So with some intense digging in my car ( I became my own mechanic) i found a possible solution. Everyone was saying it does that to clear the cache in the radio storage or display storage, I found to believe this is true ! I removed my radio display from my car, by simply unscrewing a few bolts and taking the wires out of the back of the display . Let it sit for a few mins, restarted the car without reconnecting the radio. And somehow I started to hear music playing ?? My USB ports began to work again and my display was still not connected. With the car running I reconnected the display and booom everything came back to life !!!
I hope this helps anyone who was having the same issue. I scrolled up and down this forum for a solution and nothing was working but I figured it out . !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. Sometimes just disconnecting the car's battery letting it sit for a few minutes and reconnecting it can clear a lot of the gremlins that appear on newer cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.