Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2016 Malibu

Got in the car started in and got a blank touchscreen, nothing would load the whole trip.

Got to where i was going, the car sat for 10 mins, got back in started the car and everything loaded fine.

This isnt the first time this happened either.

Garbage, there has to be an update or something to fix this.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,252 Posts
There may be an update. You can ask your dealer. If you want to go in informed you may be able to check yourself. The 7" has a tool for downloading the current config data to USB under "software information". I assume the problematic 8" has the same feature. Then take your VIN to this website: https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/ Check under radio/programming then I think IO5/IO6. Compare the config data to the latest avail SW update part number. There have been updates to fix buzzing and static as well as "improve system operation". If not SW it could also be a grounding issue. At least in the scheme of things the problem is minor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2016 LT with the 8" screen. This has happen to me about 5 times.

First time: took it to the dealership and they reprogrammed the unit to get it working again.
Second time: same thing they reprogrammed the unit to get it working..this time with a new update from GM.
Third time: They replaced the HMI unit and did a re-program
Forth time: They said they were going to order another HMI unit but GM denied the request and said to reprogram the unit with the latest code.
Fifth time: The tech at the dealership said he had no other ideas on why this could be happening. So they decided to call some GM Tech line, and GM finally said to replace the entire unit and cables. So they reprogrammed the unit to get it working for me and after a couple of days when the part arrived i took the car back to get the unit replaced. That was about 2 weeks ago. So i'm hoping this will finally fix it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had this same problem with my 2017 Malibu LT. The dealer did the up date but now I have a new problem. At night the radio display is dim until I put the vehicle in reverse when the display goes to full brightness for the backup camera but when I put in drive the screen goes back to radio but the brightness stays at full. Took it in 3 times and on the third they replaced the radio and screen and still have the same problem (car still at dealer)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same issue going on with the 7" Mylink. It also stopped keeping the time a few days before, like every time i started the car up it would have the time reset to 1200 AM. Taking it to the dealer Monday for that and some other issues, hopefully they can figure it out.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have the same issue going on with the 7" Mylink. It also stopped keeping the time a few days before, like every time i started the car up it would have the time reset to 1200 AM. Taking it to the dealer Monday for that and some other issues, hopefully they can figure it out.

That sounds like a bigger electrical issue. Maybe a short?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.