Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

When I listen to then radio on MyLink (7'' in Malibu LS), I only see the frequency of the station. I have tried everything in the menu (and of course activated the RDS option), but can't see the radio name and have the name of the programs or songs playing on any station.

Is that normal (a limitation on the LS) ? Do you have these informations ?
If yes, does anyone had that issue before and how to solve it ?

PS : I can provide pictures if needed.

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
I have the 7" MyLink in my LT and have also been in a LS with the 7". I see the RDS data on all stations that support it. Station name, song, artist, show title, whatever is available.

Have you seen the info before or has your unit always had the issue? I recommend taking it to the dealer and mention missing RDS data and a buzz from the speakers. There is a TSB for the buzz and a software update. The update is comprehensive and gets you the latest MyLink software, Carplay, and Android Auto versions. The update will act as a refresh of the system if it has glitched out. If your dealer gives you a hard time I can provide pictures of my 7 inch showing RDS data and the bulletin number.

edit - This info definitely relates to the 2016 version. I am not sure if it pertains to the 2017.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I have never seen the informations on my radio in Malibu LS (2016), but we bought it used (probably leased).
I talked to a dealer before who didn't really know what was RDS, but he told me that would be an option that is not available on LS. I asked if there was an upgrade, again I think I didn't ask the right person at the dealer and he said no. (note that Android Auto already works)

If you can provide me pictures showing RDS and the bulletin number, that would definitely help !!
Plus if there is an upgrade, it won't bad to do it.

Attached are my system informations and my RDS issue on any radio.

PS : another option might be removing the radio fuse to reboot the radio. But not easily accessible and not sure that it would change anything.

chevymalibuforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47010&stc=1&d=1492630737
chevymalibuforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47018&stc=1&d=1492630737

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a 2016 Ls with the 7" Mylink and I just verified that the RDS data is displayed or not by toggling the RDS option in the menu. There is a slide type selection showing an "I" or an "O"

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
Bulletin is 16-NA-108 and also says 42504371 and WCC 806AC on my service record. Again, that bulletin is just for upgrading the software of the radio and will get you the latest firmware, software, AA, and Carplay and possibly cure this RDS problem as a bonus since it will reset the system.

Pics of RDS functioning on the 7" MyLink to show your dealer attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2016 Ls with the 7" Mylink and I just verified that the RDS data is displayed or not by toggling the RDS option in the menu. There is a slide type selection showing an "I" or an "O"
I played with that RDS option, on both positions. It didn't change anything for me.
I looked for a manual for the menus and options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bulletin is 16-NA-108 and also says 42504371 and WCC 806AC on my service record. Again, that bulletin is just for upgrading the software of the radio and will get you the latest firmware, software, AA, and Carplay and possibly cure this RDS problem as a bonus since it will reset the system.

Pics of RDS functioning on the 7" MyLink to show your dealer attached.
Thank you for these informations. I can't see the pictures as I don't have enough posts. :/
Resetting the radio could be a good idea, but I don't see how (returning to default configuration doesn't reboot the system). Any idea ?

If none of these work, I'll go see my dealer again and ask to update or reset the system, now that I know for sure that the 2016 LS can display the radio names, song title or program.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,

When I listen to then radio on MyLink (7'' in Malibu LS), I only see the frequency of the station. I have tried everything in the menu (and of course activated the RDS option), but can't see the radio name and have the name of the programs or songs playing on any station.

Is that normal (a limitation on the LS) ? Do you have these informations ?
If yes, does anyone had that issue before and how to solve it ?

PS : I can provide pictures if needed.
I also have the same issue as the OP. My display looks identical to the OP's as well. The info is displayed when using Apple Car Play and SiriusXM.

I have reset the radio to factory settings and that did not resolve the issue.

Did you find a solution?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I discovered our recently acquired 2017 LT with the 7" screen also has this RDS issue. No RDS is displayed for any station, tried toggling the option in the settings with no luck. Has anyone successfully resolved this issue? Our car isn't under warranty anymore, so I'm wondering if it is possible for me to upgrade the software via USB myself? I tried searching for upgrades while connected to home WiFi with the car but it said no updates were available (no version # was displayed).

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
You can't upgrade via USB. GM hasn't made any software updates publicly available like many mfg do. The only idea I have is pulling the negative for 30 minutes to reset the system. Does using the scan for stations/channels change anything?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check various radio stations and see if any of them have information on the RDS display. Some stations don't bother supporting it. One station I listen to used to provide info but doesn't anymore.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can't upgrade via USB. GM hasn't made any software updates publicly available like many mfg do. The only idea I have is pulling the negative for 30 minutes to reset the system. Does using the scan for stations/channels change anything?
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll trying pulling the negative for 30 minutes and see if that has any effect. Worth a shot! Scanning for stations doesn't seem to have any effect.

Check various radio stations and see if any of them have information on the RDS display. Some stations don't bother supporting it. One station I listen to used to provide info but doesn't anymore.
None of the stations show any RDS. On my 2018 Camaro ZL1, RDS on the same stations works just fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts