Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I started to have this same problem. At first, it would not connect to CarPlay so I listened to the radio. Then, after turning the car off and back on it could tune to the radio stations but no sound from the speakers. The system is not recognizing that there is a USB device attached to it. Bluetooth connects but still... no audio! These constant issues are making me regret buying this car. Please help! I just brought it to the dealer last week to fix the "shift to park" issue many of us have experienced. They also had to update the software again so the check engine light would not keep coming in.

·
Super Moderator
722 Posts
Re: No sound

This morning I started to have this same problem. At first, it would not connect to CarPlay so I listened to the radio. Then, after turning the car off and back on it could tune to the radio stations but no sound from the speakers. The system is not recognizing that there is a USB device attached to it. Bluetooth connects but still... no audio! These constant issues are making me regret buying this car. Please help! I just brought it to the dealer last week to fix the "shift to park" issue many of us have experienced. They also had to update the software again so the check engine light would not keep coming in.
Year? The 7th gen doesn't come with CarPlay so I'm assuming you probably have an 8th or 9th gen Malibu.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,637 Posts
Re: No sound

It also doesn't suffer from the "shift to park" issue...

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,379 Posts
@tsprague has a 2017 Malibu based on other posts. Thus, I moved these posts from the gen7 section to a new gen9 thread.

To clear one thing up, is there no sound from any input method AND no door chimes etc?

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,379 Posts
Does anyone have resolution for this issue?
You might want to elaborate on your vehicle year and MyLink size as well as what is occuring. Unfortunately, the creator of this discussion became uninterested in help offered or providing any further information/resolution. Perhaps posting here will spark some follow-up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts