Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my 2019 chevy malibu. every time when i accelerate after full stop and going to fully stop the car, a noise like a bolt is freely moving forward and backward in the area under the gear lever to under the arm rest. its like when i accelerate it goes in backward direction and when i break it goes in forward but there is not anything in my armrest and it seems like any problem with the transmission but my car is running very smooth this sound only comes on accelerating and when going to fully stop. do anyone have the same problem like this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi guys i am hearing a whistling noise from my2019 chevy malibu engine on ideling but it goes away when accelerate a little bit and there are 3 to 4 clicking noise from engine after start but it goes away. i do not know that every malibu has same sound like this if have then let me know

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,762 Posts
@charanpreet
The posts from your new thread were all moved to this thread that you started a week ago. Please do not start new threads for the same issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
in my 2019 chevy malibu. every time when i accelerate after full stop and going to fully stop the car, a noise like a bolt is freely moving forward and backward in the area under the gear lever to under the arm rest. its like when i accelerate it goes in backward direction and when i break it goes in forward but there is not anything in my armrest and it seems like any problem with the transmission but my car is running very smooth this sound only comes on accelerating and when going to fully stop. do anyone have the same problem like this?
Under the plastic molding is the metal frame of the car. They place the arm rest/ shifter molding set up on top of the metal frame. They only put enough carpet to go underneath the plastic interior about half an inch. So under your arm test and shifter is just bare metal. My best guess is that something is under the entire molding onto the bare metal and as you go and stop it moves making lots of noise on the bare metal. You will never see it though unless you compleatly remove the shifter and arm rest molding from the car until you get bare metal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts