Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started to noise that I have a noticeable rattle noise coming from the ceiling/canopy of my new LTZ. I have a moon roof and was able to remove the rubber molding and take a peak around. Not too much up there. But there seems to be a magnet that keeps the canopy taunt to the roof. However, the is a large amount of space. I think it may be the materials used in the padding/spacers that are in the ceiling. Has anyone else noticed this. Also..the drivers seat makes alot of noise when I shift positions just slightly. It seems to be related to the power seat mechanism. Any way to lubricate this?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Haven't noticed this issue. My LTZ is so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I do occasionally hear a clunk in the rear-end if I hit a large bump in the road.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would take your car back to the dealer and have them fix the problem. it will be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sounds like something might've come loose. Take it to the dealer, they'll know what's going on.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have started to noise that I have a noticeable rattle noise coming from the ceiling/canopy of my new LTZ. I have a moon roof and was able to remove the rubber molding and take a peak around. Not too much up there. But there seems to be a magnet that keeps the canopy taunt to the roof. However, the is a large amount of space. I think it may be the materials used in the padding/spacers that are in the ceiling. Has anyone else noticed this. Also..the drivers seat makes alot of noise when I shift positions just slightly. It seems to be related to the power seat mechanism. Any way to lubricate this?
I have an 2LT with a moonroof. I hear what could be described as a rattle in the driver's side B pillar toward the roof. If I press really hard where the plastic meets the headliner, it will go away. Like you said, it seems as though it's just minor contact between the headliner and the body of the car. The good news is that it doesn't happen constantly (or I'm playing my music really loud).

Also, (sorry to hijack), I have a noise at the base of my windshield where it meets with the dash. It seems as though a clip is rattling. Anyone else have that?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Also, (sorry to hijack), I have a noise at the base of my windshield where it meets with the dash. It seems as though a clip is rattling. Anyone else have that?
Yes. It's intermittent. So I can't replicate it every time for the dealer to fix. I was waiting for a more definitive word before I can point them to the right direction.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The windshield rattling is a common problem with Epsilon platform cars. Your dealer SHOULD know what the problem is. I don't remember exactly what was wrong, but my Chevy dealer was able to locate and fix the problem without needing me to replicate the noise.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I thought the problem, at least on the last gen (04-07 / 08 Classic) cars was related to the adhesive on the windshield trim not holding it securely enough. The fix was that the dealers applied some new adhesive. I'd have thought the 08+ cars would've either had the design changed or used a different adhesive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes - I have a bad rattle in ceiling canopy behind dome light on 08 LTZ with sunroof. Hear it with roof open or closed. Can stop it with pressure on ceiling - but is pretty constant with any bump or vibration - annoying. Sounds like metal plates or tools. Taking it too dealer, but hate when they have to get inside places like ceiling.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What I thought was a noise in the trunk has been diagnosed to be a rattle from the sunroof shade. The claim the noise is travelling down into the trunk. Similar to you, if I close the shade or put my hand on it, then rattle stops. My dealer claims their is no fix but will watch for bulletins. I'll be anxious to know what you find out!

·
Registered
24 Posts
mp. there is a bulletin on the ceiling rattle. Took mine in today to hopefully be fixed at trim/interior shop. The service guy found the bulletin right away. Had to order some type of tape to us in ceiling. Bulletin described the problem pretty well and had detailed instructions.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm anxious to hear if it fixes the problem! Do you happen to know what the TSB number is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
mp, Well I took it in tuesday and do not have it yet (thur pm). I will get the TSB # for you if I ever get my car back - the bulletin print out is in the car. My interior was seperating on the beam by the drivers side door and windshield also. Jbucki

·
Registered
24 Posts
just talked with the service manager and he said after doing the ceiling work the seperation on the interior was worse than before and they were going to replace the ceiling headliner. Do they know what they are doing??? I may raise hell if things are not close to perfect. This is a 2 month old car - 2008 LTZ. This problem in the ceiling and on the interior frame should be. This should have been done right at the factory. I had 2 trailblazers and never had this shoddy of work related problems.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's the one thing I would worry about when bringing my car in... will they make it worse? There are certain things the tech's do everyday, removing headliners is not one of them.

I hope everything works out for you and hope I can get my issue resolved as well!

Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
bulletin # 08-08-59-001 : Squeak Itch Noise from Front Headliner and Upper Roof Panel near Sunshades ( Feb 08) 08 with Sun Roof. - the condition may be caused the lack of insulation on the two front foam support blocks used between the headliner and the roof panel

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks so much for posting the number! The rattling in my headliner is getting on my nerves...I hope this fixes it!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes thank you so much! It has been getting on my nerves. It is less noticeable if I close the sunroof shade, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a sunroof! I can't wait to get his fixed!

·
Registered
167 Posts
jbucki, did this fix your problem? I just spoke to my service department; they don't believe this bulletin covers my issue. My problem is definitely a rattle or clunk that sounds like it is coming from the trunk, but if I close the sun roof shade the noise appears to go away.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.