Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys I haven't taken any pics yet! :confused: I've been too busy driving around and going places in my new car. :D

Now the weather forecast looks like rain, rain, rain, and rain. :( I promise I'll take some when things settle down and I get the car cleaned up again.

So now that I have spent a day and a half driving around here are a few things that I have noticed.

I think I read someone say that the low beams could have been better. I'd like to second that, it seems like the light shines out ahead and is then suddenly cut off sooner than it seems like it should. High beams are great.

Anyone notice the gas pedal go away from your foot seemingly on its own? I don't know if it is me missing it because I'm not used to its positioning yet but I could swear a couple times the pedal went to the floor on its own for only a sec and was then normal again. The vehicle didn't accelerate or anything and the cruise wasn't on.

Crazy I can't find how to change the headlight bulbs or the oil in the manual. WTF?!?!

The dealer told me not to wax it for 3 weeks to let the paint cure since they just built the car. I thought I read somewhere that the way they were baked at the factory you could wax them right away. I'm not sure what to think. They also told me the car would defrost the windows or cool the car if it needed when I used the remote start and that was wrong because I don't have the auto climate control in the 2LT. They stuck a temp tag in the back window with tape and the manual says to not do that so I'm not so sure these guys know what they are talking about.

The trunk hole could stand to be bigger. There is tons of room in the trunk but it sucks when you can't fit what you want into it. I bought a small shop vac and pressure washer. Both would have fit in the trunk with tons of room to spare but I couldn't fit the shop vac box in the hole, it would have fit in the trunk just fine from the looks of it. I ended up putting it in the back seat.

This is all just minor stuff. Overall I love the car so far. Its just so quiet and smooth. Inside and out it feels and looks like a quality machine. Time will tell I guess...

· Registered
244 Posts
Schwartz, I had a few of the same minor issues as you did when first driving my Malibu. But after over a month I can tell you the good far far far outweigh the negatives on this car. My biggest gripe is still the blind spots due to the pillars, but that's not so terrible. I also have the 2LT and would have loved to get the auto-climate control for the purpose of the remote start (cool in summer, hot in winter, etc.) But everything else is right on par or above my expectations on what this car should do.
Enjoy and can't wait to see some pics!

ER

· Registered
766 Posts
Anyone notice the gas pedal go away from your foot seemingly on its own? I don't know if it is me missing it because I'm not used to its positioning yet but I could swear a couple times the pedal went to the floor on its own for only a sec and was then normal again. The vehicle didn't accelerate or anything and the cruise wasn't on.

The dealer told me not to wax it for 3 weeks to let the paint cure since they just built the car. I thought I read somewhere that the way they were baked at the factory you could wax them right away. ..
Your car is haunted by a old Assembly line worker :)

I do not know if you still have to let the paint cure, but I waited 4 to 5 weeks to wax ours since the car was less than a week old when it arrived.

· Registered
766 Posts
Crazy I can't find how to change the headlight bulbs or the oil in the manual. WTF?!?!

From what I have read here, changing the headlight bulbs is a hassle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.