Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading through the 2008 Malibu owner comments on Edmunds.com. Almost every owner gave the car a rave review, except this wacko. I'm not even sure the person is an actual owner, since all they do is reference a 2006 model. And the comment about GM making bad transmissions is news to me. :rolleyes: I think the reviewer's name gives it away.

Ken hates Barbie's Malibu
Date Posted: 04/18/2008 By: TOYOTA & HONDA LOVER RATING: 2.5/10

DETAILED RATINGS:
Performance: 3 Fun-to-Drive: 3 Build Quality: 1
Comfort: 2 Interior Design: 2 Reliability: 1
Fuel Economy: 3 Exterior Design: 5

Vehicle
2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Review
Okay, so the ride is very decent and comfortable. I admit. It is one of the few American cars that have finally after 30 years or more fit in the comfortable zone. However, here is the issue. I used to drive a rental Chevy 2006 Malibu and it felt like driving Legos literally. The car wheel would shake. This car would have acceleration problem when I tried to push gas and also the car will only last you maybe 4 years and then you will think twice of replacing brakes, starter, and other minor stuff that a Toyota or Honda won't do. Don't be fooled, this car won't last you for at most 4 years and will cost you high maintenance in the long run.

Favorite Features
The outside looks like a knock off of Honda Accords without any originality. It's like telling my son that I will get him a Nike Jordans but instead, I get him Jordache shoes and rub off the ache part and put in the ans. There are no favorite features except the ride.

Suggested Improvements
Ken will definitely dump Barbie if he rode in this car. Work on leather seats, trunk space is important so work on that, brakes are little rough (known in GM cars) and acceleration is slow (GM transmissions are always bad)

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Bogus review, Doug.

His experience is with a 2006 rental that has probably been beat to death. He sounds more like an import fan and is going out of his way to discredit the Malibu.

My Ridgeline is the first and only "Foreign" vehicle I've ever purchased. It's a great vehicle, but there are a few things that could have been done better. The leather in the Ridgeline does not compare to the leather quality in the Malibu, for example. That being said, I would buy it all over again. It fits my needs for an SUV type vehicle with an open bed. The Avalanche is way too big for my needs.

All my other vehicles have been a GM product. I have never, never had a transmission problem and the only recurring brake problem I've ever had is rotors that would either warp or just wear unevenly giving a lurching feel to the braking. It has always been repaired by turning the rotors. What manufacturer doesn't have that problem over time?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I too read that review a couple of weeks ago. I gave it no heed. If I remember correctly, NOBODY found his critique helpful (I think you can check a box if you found the rater's review helpful).

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree Malibooboo and pizza man, this guy was obviously out to just "dis" the Bu. No car that I ever drove deserved a review that bad, except maybe for the 1974 Ford Granada I had in High School (shows my age). Sidebar, the last Ford I ever bought. Even my 1LT without the leather and V6/6 spd is a pleasure to drive. And, I must say, for the money, I got alot of car. Sure, any of us could have spent 30K to 35K for another brand foriegn or domestic, but, bottom line, I'm a GM guy with shallow pockets. So, this was the car of my dreams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.