Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,082 Posts
Not on Gen9 but on my Gen7 3.6L.

I used PEX tubing from the plumbing section (white stuff) and then warmed it with a heat gun to shape it how it needed to be bent.

Used a ferrule fitting for the input opening, then stuffed copper "brillo" pads inside to capture any oil vapors.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Correct. Helps with carbon buildup as well. The same reasons why some of us H-D riders vent the intake on our bikes to atmosphere. Keeps the oil mist out of the intake. I could totally tell a difference once I did it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Correct. Helps with carbon buildup as well. The same reasons why some of us H-D riders vent the intake on our bikes to atmosphere. Keeps the oil mist out of the intake. I could totally tell a difference once I did it.
Hello, i know this is an old thread but do you have pics of the catch can installed? I'm planning to install 1 too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Never have installed one on the Malibu.
My bad, I misread it. I thought you installed 1. Are you still planning to install one or just gonna do the CRC valve/turbo cleaner every 10k miles?

·
Registered
9 Posts
it has a factory one. remove the tube between the airbox and turbo, then youll see its attached underneath. mine was full since I didn't realize it had one and I followed the crc spray instructions spraying it though the maf sensor. well the spray goes into the catch can and dilutes the oil inside, then spills a slurry of crap into your intake while you think youre doing some cleaning, its probably worse. I contacted crc and they said they changed the procedure to short one second bursts to help against pooling

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think mishimoto has a catch can kit for the camaro and cadillac both with 2.0 ltg (rwd) engine, i don't know if it works for the malibu.

Enviado desde mi E6853 mediante Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
3,054 Posts
I don't think catch cans are a crime or anything. Seems good to me. Dirty engine bay though haha!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts