Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all the non believers out there, here's the latest mileage photo 302,000ish miles on my 2015 Malibu -LT2.
I hit 238K miles last year (moon landing) and am on my way back.
135K-ish to go...
Sure I got hail damage, chicken nugget sized rock chips and a chipped windshield but regular maintenance and oil changes will get you there.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,840 Posts
And I'll bet that radiation is killer out there, too! :D

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
What motor? 2.5?
Good job, all that maintenance was way cheaper that the 2 extra cars most people would have bought in those miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed! Yes it's a 2.5L.
The torque converter went out at 292,000 on a Sunday morning at a left turn on a median :)ROFLMAO:) but after it was fixed by my mechanic it probably has more life in it (I hope because mine depends on it).

·
Registered
84 Posts
For these modern engines and car systems the problem isn't miles the problem is time. In the US or most anywhere else its all the environment. In the south there's hot humid rainy weather and in the north you;ve got hot cold wild swings with humid and then dry and snow. Everywhere you've got particulate pollution. You can drive 250,000 miles over 15 years or drive 50,000 and the result will be the same - wiring starts to break down metal contracts and expands plastic gets brittle corrosion develops. That's why when you look at forums across all makes you see just a handful of cars over 15 years old. You see the same problems and sometimes the car has 230,000 sometimes only 65,000. The bell tolls for thee whether you drive it or not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts