Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the hard work and malfunctioning parts replaced, i finally adapted the car to the european road transport regulations. I want to present you my 2010 Malibu LT 2.4, it's a little bit dirty though (fotos made in my first roadtrip). As far as my research goes, this is the only Chevy Malibu in my country (Lithuania) and its MINE :)
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light

Attachments

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,682 Posts
Very nice! About the only differences I see compared to the US market is the small turn repeaters in the front fenders (discontinued after 2009 here) and the reflectors mounted low on the rear bumper.

Maybe those reflectors were added, since the taillights themselves have retro-reflectors built in, and the smoked lenses may have caused you to make sure you still have reflectors.

I like the wheels, too. Nice, clean.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice! About the only differences I see compared to the US market is the small turn repeaters in the front fenders (discontinued after 2009 here) and the reflectors mounted low on the rear bumper.

Maybe those reflectors were added, since the taillights themselves have retro-reflectors built in, and the smoked lenses may have caused you to make sure you still have reflectors.

I like the wheels, too. Nice, clean.
I also had to modify the lights because of the turn indicator. In US it blinks red, and in Europe it has to be orange. Also, i had to add small antifog lights because its is mandatory (DRL basically wokrs as antifog).

·
Administrator
20,682 Posts
I have the LTZ, so the brake lights have a clear lens with a red LED. They are the turn signals and brakes (plus the taillights) in North America. I modified mine by converting the back-up lights to amber/yellow LEDs for the turn signals, and converted the stock red LEDs to be just the taillights and brake lights. No more red turns!

The back-up lights are now an LED strip that mounts directly above the license plate.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the LTZ, so the brake lights have a clear lens with a red LED. They are the turn signals and brakes (plus the taillights) in North America. I modified mine by converting the back-up lights to amber/yellow LEDs for the turn signals, and converted the stock red LEDs to be just the taillights and brake lights. No more red turns!

The back-up lights are now an LED strip that mounts directly above the license plate.
Very cool!

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts

I would like the schematics for those changes. I have been wanting to do something like that to mine, but have never taken the time to look into it. School and home improvement projects are keeping me busy.

·
Administrator
20,682 Posts
I would like the schematics for those changes. I have been wanting to do something like that to mine, but have never taken the time to look into it. School and home improvement projects are keeping me busy.
I've been meaning to draw a diagram of how I bypassed the brake light turn signals. I still have one feature to add to them. The rear signals don't flash when I lock/unlock my car. Once that's added, I'll be in a better position to draw 'em up and share 'em with you.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
I've been meaning to draw a diagram of how I bypassed the brake light turn signals. I still have one feature to add to them. The rear signals don't flash when I lock/unlock my car. Once that's added, I'll be in a better position to draw 'em up and share 'em with you.
Thanks. If I do get this other Malibu I will have some work to do on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.