Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All...

Well this forum has provided a wealth of information which I am truly greatful for.

My wife and I went to the dealership on the weekend, took a 2008 LT2 out for a test drive...It was exactly what I wanted and had (almost) all the features I was looking for!

However, I learned something I thought I would share (note that I am in Canada). It I buy the car off the lot (which I wouldn't have minded) there is $500 dollars hidden in the cost of the car. You see GM pays the dealer $500 for holding the car in it's inventory. If you order the car through the dealer you will find that GM deducts this off of your car price (or atleast the dealership should make sure they do!)

So - I have concluded that I am going to order a 2009 - a couple of reasons lead me to this, not only to have the chance to save $500 dollars, but I will get Bluetooth in the car also. I am going to do the LT2 as I really liked it's interior and it offered me everything I wanted. I decided on the Red colour as in my opinion it really does look the nicest (personal preference of course.) Dealer is telling me it will be delivered in August, which is not too bad at all and I can wait until than.

So I will confirm once I have ordered it. However pricing has not been released for them yet, although the current aniticapation by everyone is that the pricing will not change much between the 2008 and the 2009. Bluetooth feature is being estimated at about $250 to $300 option (Canadian).

Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am doing the same, also waiting for the 4 cyl 6 speed in the lt1 or lt2 and the Bluetooth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.