Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email from OnStar saying that my car's OnStar 2G connections is going away. They're offering me "3 Months of the Essentials Plan" Whatever that is. Anyone else get this notice? Thoughts?

Honestly the only thing I enjoyed about having the OnStar when I had my initial free trial was the key fob app so I could remote start my car out of range of the FOB.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,993 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got an email from OnStar saying that my car's OnStar 2G connections is going away. They're offering me "3 Months of the Essentials Plan" Whatever that is. Anyone else get this notice? Thoughts?

Honestly the only thing I enjoyed about having the OnStar when I had my initial free trial was the key fob app so I could remote start my car out of range of the FOB.
I just received a similar email. My email read “fob won’t work.” Should I read that as “fob app?”

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
the "fob" on your phone app will no longer work...the actual fob for your car don't run on 2G or any G...was that what you were asking?

Good luck with your car

Bill

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
I'll add to it if you have an Android phone that its current version is not over 8.0 the Chevy app update will not work on it. Needs to be at 9.0 or higher.
My '11 Tahoe is affected as well as my working just fine 4g android phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts