Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I was using my OnStar hands-free calling because I forgot my cell phone at home.. after a few min the person I was talking to told me that they were having trouble hearing me (I'm a LOUD talker so I found that quite strange as I never had a problem with that in my other cars).. at that moment I noticed I don't even have a mic underneath my mirror, but (what I assume is) instead near the overhead lights. I was wondering two things: 1.) Why the hell do my other cars (Cadillacs) have TWO mics (Underneath mirror AND above driver) and my Malibu only have a tiny one hidden above my head.. did the Malibu's designers talk out of the top of their skull? 2.) Is this the case with everyone else's Malibu or do the LTZs have that mic?

I just have the standard 2LT auto-dimming mirror.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
All Malibu's are exactly the same in regards to the mic, model regardless.

Actually, most all GM vehicles are like this, but having had an Avalanche years back that had 2 things above the driver that looked like possible mic's, but weren't, I'd venture to say the same is true for your other cars. If there's 2
"grilled" things that look like little vents or just dead on like a mic, one is a mic and one is likely a sensor for auto climate control reading the temps, as that was a common item up there. Possible, I'd say, for your other GM's.

I can generally hear and am heard in return loud and clear in both my G6 and the '08 'Bu, only with occasional trouble with the system not understanding me or one time an Onstar rep asking me to repeat myself.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohh I didn't even think of auto-climate control.. okay so the one mounted to the ceiling must be that then.. but then what about the actual mics? How come the Cadillacs have it mounted to the underneath mirror and ours are in the ceiling? All of our cars are 2008s so they're the same OnStar versions.. :-/

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Ohh I didn't even think of auto-climate control.. okay so the one mounted to the ceiling must be that then.. but then what about the actual mics? How come the Cadillacs have it mounted to the underneath mirror and ours are in the ceiling? All of our cars are 2008s so they're the same OnStar versions.. :-/
Hmm...don't know. I've never seen one underneath the mirror yet, but I'll have to look through some pictures online out of curiosity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.