Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just couldn't bring myself to do the huge third chrome grill like Jjones, so I ordered a slim chrome bar for underneath.

$25 on ebay. I like how it will keep the line across the whole front and is more subtle.

Edit: Updated with pictures.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any more info on that chrome piece? i'd like to put one on my LTZ ;)
Well I was tracking it online, said it got processed yesterday at 2:20AM, then said "MISROUTED". Which really fricking pissed me off cause it was processed by my local USPS station. I was hoping to install it yesterday. Maybe it will show up tomorrow and I can install it and take some pics :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back into town and it was waiting in my mailbox. I'll try to install it tomorrow and take pics. It's a big coil, so putting it on straight is going to be a big PITA.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Just got back into town and it was waiting in my mailbox. I'll try to install it tomorrow and take pics. It's a big coil, so putting it on straight is going to be a big PITA.
Leave it set in a warm place for a few days and see if it will relax.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well unfortunately, its raining here for the next couple of days. According to the instructions, you're not supposed to get the trim wet for a couple of days.

I gotta say, it does look pretty flimsy and I'm not impressed right now. Haven't tried to pop it on the car yet, but I'll post pics when I'm done.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up installing it yesterday. I put the metal under some books to try to straighten it out. When installing, I tried to peel the back of the sticker off as I applied it. That cause the left side to be a little wavy, and for the right, I just pulled off the whole sticker then slide it over, and it seems to be more straight.

The main problem is, when you first start putting it on, the metal wants to roll over on itself because it comes rolled in an envelope. I'll take pictures tomorrow after I get back from the dealership with my new iPod cable, so I can show you all both.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I ended up installing it yesterday. I put the metal under some books to try to straighten it out. When installing, I tried to peel the back of the sticker off as I applied it. That cause the left side to be a little wavy, and for the right, I just pulled off the whole sticker then slide it over, and it seems to be more straight.

The main problem is, when you first start putting it on, the metal wants to roll over on itself because it comes rolled in an envelope. I'll take pictures tomorrow after I get back from the dealership with my new iPod cable, so I can show you all both.

OH OH, Two for the price of one!

Now I really CAN'T WAIT! :D

J/K BuckyFan - But seriously I hope it turned out well, and would be intreested in seeing photos.

Cheers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought that for my LT 1 SilverStone Malibu and it was pretty easy to stick on.
When I put it on I took the blue tape off if it first and then just ran it down the crease with my thumb. Worth the $25

·
Registered
749 Posts
pics!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I ordered the same thing for mine. Should be here in a couple more days. It looks good on your car.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
You guys do know this is the same $7 roll of chrome trim you can buy at your local Murrays, Autozone, Pepboys, etc., they are selling you that exact roll for more then 3 times the price.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.