Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok is there anyway to turn the overhead light OFF... It drives me nuts every time i open the door it turns on i hate the damn thing. I would take the bulb out but I do need it SOMETIMES.... i know it is the craziest question but i just never had a car i couldn't turn it off on? Thanks in advanced for everyone's help.

Chevy Malibu '09

·
Registered
749 Posts
The overhead light inside? I don't know if having a sunroof determines the type/location of light in the Malibu.. but for mine the light has a switch allowing ON/AUTO/OFF.... I'm just gonna assume your switch doesn't exist so idk why I just wasted time typing this LOL good luck

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
The little knob that controls the lighting on the dash....try turning it all the way to the left...In my previous car (Not GM) it actually turned until it clicked and the lights wouldnt come on when a door was opened.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yea jus picked up an LTZ on the weekend and same thing cant turn interior lights off when doors open. talked to my buddy he has a 2LT and his has a switch as previously mentioned. gotta b a module a guy could get cause it truly sucks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Checked on mine this weekend (09 2LT V6), and there is no button to allow on / off / auto.

Also tried the dimmer route and no luck.

Guess this was something else that got dropped from the 08 to 09 transition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.