Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent some time trying to find something to keep all my documents I like to keep in the car (owners manual ect) Every car I have always owned has had one. I actually thought somehow my 09 was missing it, from the dealer. I emailed the dealer, and they said to store it in the smaller arm rest compartment, but I dont like that, cuz ppw tends to get "lost" and cluttered. I have looked, and looked for something suitable, but nothing yet! I have tried to find a CD case, but its either too short, or not thick enough for the manual. Any ides would be much appreciated.

Rappy

·
Registered
569 Posts
Mine came in a small ziplock bag with some other books/paperwork

·
Registered
512 Posts
My Chevy dealer just gave me a plastic Ziplock-ish bag to stick my owner's manual and paperwork in...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Mine came in a small ziplock bag with some other books/paperwork
Beat me to it. ;)

I remember the good old days when GM had enough money to give you a leather case for your owner's manual...along with vehicle-specific keychains...and free pens...:(

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Yeah, actually, some--at least our '08--have a canvas pouch with a velcro flap, holding everything. I was kind of miffed when I got my '08 G6 because all it came with was the ziplock bag with the manuals in it, and had been trying to find a canvas pouch--Ebay is a good place.

So, they exist, at least the canvas ones. But maybe another '09 decontenting thing? It seems to be hit or miss, as some random GM vehicles have a pouch and others just have the baggie. Having visited my salesperson several times when she was prepping for deliveries, I've seen the "baggies" for anything from a Cobalt to a GMC Acadia...to also some having a pouch.

Here's an example of the canvas case with an Impala manual:

^^Edited my post.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mu 08 came with the ziploc bag. I really liked the old leatherette pouches that GM used before, and even the canvas thing with velcro flap was okay. Ziploc seems a bit cheap by comparison, but I guess it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
We received a plastic two sided pouch which I think was provided by the dealership as it has phone #'s and info specific to the dealer. It also came with a pencil. My only problem with this is that with all the doucments in it takes up all of the space in the glove compartment so we are trying to sort out where in the car we should keep it. So far we have been putting it in the trunk in the cargo net area on the side.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ours came with the best zip lock money can buy. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I guess my dealer doesnt have those zip-lock bags (and I really dont want to use a household zip-lock.....I guess Ill keep searching-there has to be something out there that will work!

Rappy

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
REALLY...well, then, I guess we just lucked out with our early build '08 and that oh-so-special pouch for the manual.

I'll continue with the ziplock bag in my G6 as well as, likely, my new '09 Malibu. It bothered me at first, until I realized...I'm never in the glovebox, let alone looking at the manual. If anything, I'll pick one up from Ebay.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I like the pouches for the simple fact of keeping the books clean and tidy.. I do wish the malibu's glove box was a little larger though.. Its a tight fit in there with the books

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I like the pouches for the simple fact of keeping the books clean and tidy.. I do wish the malibu's glove box was a little larger though.. Its a tight fit in there with the books
Me too, which is why I'm sad again to find out my new '09 'Bu likely won't have a pouch like our '08. Just another one of those "little details", you miss when it isn't there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.