Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did everyone else get the owners manual just stuffed into a ziplock bag? I can't believe I didn't get a case for it. All my parents vehicles manuals were in cases that I can remember and my last car's was as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd have to say yes to that. I expected more but I was truly overwhelmed by the vehicle that I really didn't have time to be upset.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No ziploc bag, all my manuals (XM, OnStar, tire, owners, warranty, etc.) were neatly fitted in the top part of the console lid.

Chris

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes to the ziploc bag. It is probably because if they added a nice leather case it wouldn't fit in the glovebox... ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yup high quality bag, if you want to call it that, my silverado got a nice nylon/canvas bag with the chevy bowtie on it. Maybe thats why the truck costs thousands more, I would take a plastic bag to save a thousand bucks.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ziploc with ours. My 08 Equinox has a nylon case. Funny that one model would have a case and the next model not have one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
All my manuals,onstar book etc, came in a blue vinyl holder which opens like a book and has clear plastic pockets inside. The dealer name is on the front and the salesmans card is in a plastic window on the front cover. And it fits neatly in the glove box.

·
Registered
326 Posts
All my manuals,onstar book etc, came in a blue vinyl holder which opens like a book and has clear plastic pockets inside. The dealer name is on the front and the salesmans card is in a plastic window on the front cover. And it fits neatly in the glove box.
sounds like the dealer did that, not Chevy

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Ziploc bag has been standard Malibu fare going back to when I got my 2005 models. I find it handier as you can put the registration on top and see it and show it to the service people without taking it out. The bag also holds the service visit slips much better than the cases do.

It's not just a Malibu item, my Colorado Z71 Crew Cab came with the deluxe Ziploc bag option too.

·
Registered
701 Posts
My GP has a dealer issued holder, but I am not suprised about them notg having much else. Really how often do you read the instruction manual, opps I mean owners manual.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Plastic bag for me too.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
My GP has a dealer issued holder, but I am not suprised about them notg having much else. Really how often do you read the instruction manual, opps I mean owners manual.
If people read their owners manual there would never be a need for a Forum like this! :eek::D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.