Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GF's 2013 Malibu 3LT 2.0T with almost 34K miles activated the check engine light yesterday...I scanned it with my BlueDriver and came up with the P0014 code camshaft position sensor B in bank 1 - timing over advanced...

everything I find shows me this is probably the camshaft actuator(s) which appear easy to replace...I can buy the OEM AC Delco parts from RockAuto.com and replace myself despite there being a Special Coverage Warranty that might cover it (15824 Camshaft Position Actuator Valve Replaceme) but currently the mechanics union is on strike in the ChicagoLand area and no dealership work is being done...

does just replacing these actuators myself seem like the way to go or might it be something else I'm overlooking?...the job really looks easy enough and my out of pocket would be less than $100...I might even be able to recover some or all of that from GM since their mechanics are on strike but getting her car up and running properly is my number one priority...

we only use 93 octane top tier super unleaded and I use Mobil 1 5W30 to try and keep LSPI at bay with an AC Delco (currently the UPF 64 filter) filter...under 3K miles since the last oil change 7 months ago...

thoughts???...experiences???...please feel free to share

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
replaced intake and exhaust cam actuators with OEM parts purchased from Rock Auto and preformed a rescan...seems to have fixed the issues...ChicagoLand mechanics union on strike so could not get this fixed under special coverage warranty...

good luck with your car

Bill

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,638 Posts
Thread title was modified from "P0014..." to be more descriptive, and your post was reverted back to its original text. 85 views could just be a lot of web crawlers and other bots.

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
SS I don't have any turbo powered cars so I didn't want to offer any advise I wasn't sure of.

Reactions: SilverSport

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,481 Posts
I'd rather do cheap repairs myself than put the car in someone else's hands anyway. We don't see too many actuator faults on the 2.0T but I'm sure it happens. I wouldn't worry about it until a different code pops up.

Reactions: SilverSport
1 - 6 of 6 Posts