Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post on these forums.:)

Ok so I just got this 2009 Chevy Malibu friday...There are a few issues that I have..But the check engine is by far the most troubling..If anyone has any in sight into what this could be would be appreciated.. THe other problem is my turn signal sometimes sticks...lol

Edit: I have around 39k miles and the oil life is at 24%..

·
CMF Honorary Member
4,326 Posts
Welcome.

How many miles are on it? Not under warranty I assume?

That code is: 'B' Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i bought it used did not get any extra warranties when i bought it...It has around 39k probably closer to 40k. It says it is due for a oil change. 2.4L engine I believe..

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,352 Posts
Turn signal sticking could be just that someone spilled some drink and it has since dried, gumming up the works. If that's the cause you'll need to clean it somehow. You might be able to find something that'll spray inside the switch. Otherwise you'll have to disassemble it or even replace it.

I wish I could help with your MIL issue. But at least Silver gave you a place to start.

·
Super Moderator
1,637 Posts
Like the turn signal won't cancel after a turn or the turn signal stalk switch won't move?

P0014-Exhaust Camshaft Position (CMP) System Performance
This actuator controls the advance or retard of each camshaft, in this case the exhaust. After looking through the diagnostic chart on GM's site I would have to say it would be something for the dealer to handle. It may be covered under powertrain 5yr/100K. There is a couple of bulletins that go with that code that may apply, but that is up to the dealer. I can't post those though, sorry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok first things first..Thanks for all the quick replys and the information...Now the turn signal sticks after turning...secondly meaning I bought the car used will the dealers 5yr/100k warranty still cover it?? I thought that was for the original owners only and after you sold it that would be null and void...

·
Administrator
17,352 Posts
5/100 is a manufacturer's warranty, not the dealer's, so you're good.

·
Super Moderator
1,637 Posts
If it is after you make the turn and the wheel is straight, but the signal is still going it is most likely the turn signal stalk switch on the column. Best way to see if it happens is just start the car turn the signal on, turn the wheel a 1/4" turn either way (unless it only does it one way), then turn it back and see if it cancels. There is a plastic piece on the end of the switch that contacts a piece in the column to turn the signals off. Over time the piece wears down or breaks and won't come in contact with the other piece.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How did you end up making out with the P0014 Code in your Malibu? What did they find? was it covered under the 5/100,000 waranty? I'm getting the same code.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Administrator
17,352 Posts
How did you end up making out with the P0014 Code in your Malibu? What did they find? was it covered under the 5/100,000 waranty? I'm getting the same code.

Thanks,

Jim
What car do you have? It's not listed in your avatar and you haven't filled out a signature yet.

·
ASE Certified Technician
3,072 Posts
What is the dealer ships say the issue was with this P0014 Code? My 08 Malibu w/ 43K miles is giving the same code according to OnStar.
What motor? 4 cylinder could be actuator solenoid. They've had problems with them and I believe it's covered under powertrain warranty.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.