Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the P06DC code on my scanner which indicates the oil pump flow control solenoid fault. I am planning on replacing the oil flow control solenoid in a couple of days. But I also noticed when I check the dash gages that the battery voltage is often between 14.4 and 15.2. Are these related? Is the higher battery voltage because of the bad oil flow control solenoid or maybe the bad oil flow control solenoid creating the higher battery voltage?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,042 Posts
Tell us more about the car you need help with:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell us more about the car you need help with:

2013 2.5 liter. I changed the oil pump control valve solenoid and the code fault went away. So far so good. It is a bit of a pain to take the little heat shield off that covers the oil filter. You have to do the bottom 2 bolts (15mm and 10mm) from the bottom and the rest you can easily do from the top. You do not have to take off the catalytic converter like some videos say.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
In this cold weather you can see voltage spike into the '15's and stay in the 14's for quite a while. Battery age / health is also a factor.
Took a 2-hr. nonstop drive to get my Tahoe and Equinox to read back down in the 13's with the cold weather.

Reactions: mangossa
1 - 4 of 4 Posts