Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I have malibu 2018 lt when I want to go fast the engine light will be on when I check by obd 2 it says p1101 air mass flow
I changed air mass flow but it wasn’t good
Then I went to the service Chevrolet from north of Iraq they said your engine has a leaking air so we have to change the turbocharge
They are changed turbocharge and radiator cooler and spark plugs and all coil but still I have a problem anyone can help me please I don’t know what I have to do ????

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,850 Posts
So long as it's covered under warranty, leave it with them and ask them to keep it until they figure it out. They should contact you each day with an update as to its status (ideally), but you should call every other day if you don't hear from them. Ask them to share what they've done and what they intend to do next. They need a plan, they need to act on it, and they need to revise their plan until they finally get it all corrected.

If you don't have warranty, then you can explore some things that may help. Even though this refers to a 2016 1.5T, it could apply to yours: click to read about loose intake bolts.

How many miles or KM are on your car, and what else has been done to try to effect a solution?

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,434 Posts
There is also a bulletin for P1101 on both the 1.5 LFV and 2.0 LTG relating to a damaged or missing o-ring seal in the charge air cooler coupler. Should at least be checked. Also check the screw tightness and seal on the air filter box.

Bulletin PIP5402E

1 - 3 of 3 Posts