Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have 2016 1.5 LT and I noticed on my live data scanner the absolute throttle position is 14% at idle but relative throttle position is 4% , is that normal. I'm chasing a P1101 issue and maybe it's related to throttle body?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,453 Posts
I moved your new discussion into your existing P1101 discussion so others know history of what has been found/tried.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So the P1101 came back today after a few weeks along with P015B, anyone have this combo before?

·
Registered
2016 chevy Malibu LS
1 Posts
No matter what the code is, if replacing a part doesn't cure the issue, then you have to suspect the new part (DOA, poor design, wrong part in the right box, etc.) and you have to make sure that the wires are able to get the signal back to the computer.

If you're willing to do some sleuthing then you just might find the issue.
Exactly. I think i did a no no. I had the code p1101 maf sensor & it looked bad. Changed it & now it came back but saying de-ice the air intake system ... Looking for leaks & nothing buy i didn't change the air filter when i changed the MAF & it was pretty dirty in the box. I knew i should of... But i changed it & the code went off but came back on with that de-ice air intake... Ugh so i researched & some suggested clean the throttle so yesterday we did that. & it was dirty! Liquid in it? I'm unsure if that's normal... But so far this morning no light...I'm holding my breathe!

Our car is our home. We been struggling for months. Trying to catch a break. Homeless is not where we want to be... Broke away from toxic family to build our lives... Struggling but our car we love her & depend on her. We managed to pay her bills every month & right now is most stressful. So any help. I greatly appreciate. Some of what I'm reading here i can't begun to comprehend. You guys are just amazing knowing what you know.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts