Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've replaced my car battery but still an issue. I've had my batteries checked and they're all good. I've tried erasing the code with the OBD but it still comes back on. The car turns off at a red light and when it turns back on it restarts the whole car. I keep receiving the check engine code. I've read on my OBD and it says that this code is permanent. I know it's not a wiring issue because I've also already checked. Please help what are the issues?:frown:

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,519 Posts
Read this one: I'll pull up the bulletin doc once I have access to a real system rather than my phone.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,519 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much! Do you know where I can find this? • Perform the battery inspection/test in SI (Document ID# 3469663) to the auxiliary battery.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,519 Posts
I don't have access to the gen8 service manual, just publicly available service bulletins. Your first post had indicated you already tested the batteries? Perhaps having two makes testing more difficult/inconclusive. If you already replaced the main perhaps the auxiliary is next. I'd double check all those connections and clean the connectors first; they seem to lean more toward physical condition of the wiring/connections with this particular code. I am not sure which year you have but if a 2014 that would be batteries nearing 5 years so not unreasonable to suspect the battery(s).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay thanks for the reply! I'll take out all the batteries to insure proper connection to all the wires and I'll get back to you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you had any luck with this yet mines doing the same thing and need some more info on it
No I have yet to still have any luck. If I can't fix this I will for sure take it for inspection at the dealership unfortunately.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did anyone figured out the issue with the permanent code?
I took mine to the dealer in January for an unrelated issue (SES light was on at the time for the battery issue)
I was told that it was the auxiliary battery that needed to be replaced. I finally was able to replace it but have that permanent code still.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah i have the same issue i cant figure out how to clear permanent codes that have been fixed. i have a 2014 malibu ls

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2014 Malibu LS. I have had issues with this code also. I was told it was the Dual Battery Control Module. Prior to that I was told it was my alternator. Prior to that I was told it was my batteries. I have had both batteries tested. The Aux battery is the original but the main battery is new. I monitor the dic for the battery voltage all the time. It never drops below 13V. I will confess this is driving me crazy. My remote start will not work while the check engine light is on. Now, on 2 occasions I have, shall we say, accelerated quickly when leaving the "scene of an argument" with my boyfriend. Both times, the check engine light went off for about 24 hours but eventually came back on. It is frustrating. I have been told both my batteries and alternator are good. This unfortunately is just one more thing on a very long list of problems I have had with my Malibu. :frown:

·
Registered
69 Posts
So what has helped for me is just giving it a day or two and it will clear it self or throw that battery on a charger for a while slow charge it I also have a 1500 watt amp and speakers running off that battery the only thing is that its pulling to much power and my headlights pulse real bad and whenever I shift into r or d headlights will dim out without the speakers on coming from my alternator slowly on its way out hope whoever has the same luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought my amp was the issue but seeing that this is a common problem and my batteries have always tested good I am pretty sure it is not the problem. I had this issue with my 2013 Malibu 2LT now I am having it with 2015 Malibu LT. I cannot get the coding to clear at all but I just now about to check out the wiring issue but after reading everyone else's comment that did that too I am sure it will not work. I wonder why Chevy has not recalled this issue having my check engine light on irritates my soul!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welp it seems I am a victim of the P305F code bug as well. I have had both my batteries tested and alternator and all are good. Everything on my vehicle seems to be working just fine. The OCD in me it is driving me crazy with that dang light on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Remote start not working? That will cause the symptoms you are describing. Must take car to dealer or chevy shop to clear the problem. Do you have Owners Manual? Look there first!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took my 15 Chevy Malibu with check engine light on and radio turning off when it would go to auto/Stop code was p305f battery wires and ground look good they replaced a fuse block located on top of battery and changed a connector and installed a new pigtail I really don’t know what all this means but it might help someone with this code I just got it today so hopefully nothing else comes up

1 - 20 of 41 Posts