Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took my 15 Chevy Malibu with check engine light on and radio turning off when it would go to auto/Stop code was p305f battery wires and ground look good they replaced a fuse block located on top of battery and changed a connector and installed a new pigtail I really don’t know what all this means but it might help someone with this code I just got it today so hopefully nothing else comes up

Do you have your original sales receipt it might point to what all parts & part numbers were changed. I am having the same issue and Id rather do the wormy self. I don't want to change out the batteries if they are still good and there is a fault somewhere else. Thanks!

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,352 Posts
Do you have your original sales receipt it might point to what all parts & part numbers were changed. I am having the same issue and Id rather do the wormy self. I don't want to change out the batteries if they are still good and there is a fault somewhere else. Thanks!
Please read the post in the following link and include the requested info in your next post. It'll help all of us to better help you.

https://www.chevymalibuforum.com/threads/section-rules-post-must-include-year-trim-engine-and-more.116654/

·
Registered
3 Posts

It says
Cause: DBIM INTERNAL OPEN 18-NA-367

Replaced fuse block located on top of battery replaced a connector and one block
All test indicate dual battery isolation module has internal open removed and replaced dual battery isolation module and installed new pigtail I have e a 15 Chevy Malibu lt 4 cylinder

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had the same code on our 2015 Malibu. I cleared it and the remote start was working. After a few weeks, the check engine light came on again. Took it to the dealer and the second, (small) battery was replaced. So far, all good. We're were given a 2 year warranty so hopefully it's taken care of.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took my 15 Chevy Malibu with check engine light on and radio turning off when it would go to auto/Stop code was p305f battery wires and ground look good they replaced a fuse block located on top of battery and changed a connector and installed a new pigtail I really don’t know what all this means but it might help someone with this code I just got it today so hopefully nothing else comes up
Hi, it’s been 4mo. After they changed all that, did u have the same issue??? I have 16 Malibu and this light & radio keep cutting off is driving me up the wall... I’m not sure how often you check this but if you see this soon PLZ HELP. Thanx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, it’s been 4mo. After they changed all that, did u have the same issue??? I have 16 Malibu and this light & radio keep cutting off is driving me up the wall... I’m not sure how often you check this but if you see this soon PLZ HELP. Thanx
Hello no more issues since then

·
Registered
14 Posts
Link to service bulletin

Link to video solving p305f by replacing battery fuse block part #23223079

Part 1

Part 2

Edit: I have finally fixed my issue with the check engine light code p305f and it cost a total of $53 I bought it from eBay it even came with a 1 year replacement warranty from square trade for an extra 6 bucks, it was quite easy to replace and only needed a few sockets and a flat head screw driver to complete

purchased here2015 chevy malibu battery fuse block | eBay

screenshot of purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this same code and, like many of you, was told that the aux battery was defective. I tested it and it checked good. I took it to a parts store and they checked both batteries but said the main battery was bad. I replaced the $200 battery only to find out that it was the aux battery that was bad. After asking a lot of questions, I came to the conclusion that you MUST remove the battery from your system to be tested correctly. The two batteries are linked and, if tested while in the system, will give you false readings. Unfortunately, parts stores would not disconnect the batteries because the computer needs voltage to store readings. You can do it yourself or take it to a mechanic, but you must have something that maintains a voltage to your computer. I hope this helps some.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
In today's world any battery that is 4-5 yrs old is bad or soon to be bad unless it's on a battery maintainer when parked. Just changed the battery in my '16 Equinox, no crank one morning, no warning.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts