Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took my 15 Chevy Malibu with check engine light on and radio turning off when it would go to auto/Stop code was p305f battery wires and ground look good they replaced a fuse block located on top of battery and changed a connector and installed a new pigtail I really don’t know what all this means but it might help someone with this code I just got it today so hopefully nothing else comes up

Do you have your original sales receipt it might point to what all parts & part numbers were changed. I am having the same issue and Id rather do the wormy self. I don't want to change out the batteries if they are still good and there is a fault somewhere else. Thanks!

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,949 Posts
Do you have your original sales receipt it might point to what all parts & part numbers were changed. I am having the same issue and Id rather do the wormy self. I don't want to change out the batteries if they are still good and there is a fault somewhere else. Thanks!
Please read the post in the following link and include the requested info in your next post. It'll help all of us to better help you.

https://www.chevymalibuforum.com/threads/section-rules-post-must-include-year-trim-engine-and-more.116654/

·
Registered
3 Posts

It says
Cause: DBIM INTERNAL OPEN 18-NA-367

Replaced fuse block located on top of battery replaced a connector and one block
All test indicate dual battery isolation module has internal open removed and replaced dual battery isolation module and installed new pigtail I have e a 15 Chevy Malibu lt 4 cylinder

·
Registered
2 Posts
We had the same code on our 2015 Malibu. I cleared it and the remote start was working. After a few weeks, the check engine light came on again. Took it to the dealer and the second, (small) battery was replaced. So far, all good. We're were given a 2 year warranty so hopefully it's taken care of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took my 15 Chevy Malibu with check engine light on and radio turning off when it would go to auto/Stop code was p305f battery wires and ground look good they replaced a fuse block located on top of battery and changed a connector and installed a new pigtail I really don’t know what all this means but it might help someone with this code I just got it today so hopefully nothing else comes up
Hi, it’s been 4mo. After they changed all that, did u have the same issue??? I have 16 Malibu and this light & radio keep cutting off is driving me up the wall... I’m not sure how often you check this but if you see this soon PLZ HELP. Thanx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, it’s been 4mo. After they changed all that, did u have the same issue??? I have 16 Malibu and this light & radio keep cutting off is driving me up the wall... I’m not sure how often you check this but if you see this soon PLZ HELP. Thanx
Hello no more issues since then

·
Registered
15 Posts
Link to service bulletin

Link to video solving p305f by replacing battery fuse block part #23223079

Part 1

Part 2

Edit: I have finally fixed my issue with the check engine light code p305f and it cost a total of $53 I bought it from eBay it even came with a 1 year replacement warranty from square trade for an extra 6 bucks, it was quite easy to replace and only needed a few sockets and a flat head screw driver to complete

purchased here2015 chevy malibu battery fuse block | eBay

screenshot of purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this same code and, like many of you, was told that the aux battery was defective. I tested it and it checked good. I took it to a parts store and they checked both batteries but said the main battery was bad. I replaced the $200 battery only to find out that it was the aux battery that was bad. After asking a lot of questions, I came to the conclusion that you MUST remove the battery from your system to be tested correctly. The two batteries are linked and, if tested while in the system, will give you false readings. Unfortunately, parts stores would not disconnect the batteries because the computer needs voltage to store readings. You can do it yourself or take it to a mechanic, but you must have something that maintains a voltage to your computer. I hope this helps some.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
In today's world any battery that is 4-5 yrs old is bad or soon to be bad unless it's on a battery maintainer when parked. Just changed the battery in my '16 Equinox, no crank one morning, no warning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine MIL came on yesterday morning with the P305F code. Just had the front big battery replaced 6 months ago. Figured it was the auxiliary or back battery causing the error. I was out of town when it occurred. Stopped at the Chevrolet dealership in Manhattan, KS and they removed, load tested it to confirm it was bad and replaced it and reset the MIL and I was out the door in 30 minutes back on the road. Hats off to this Chevrolet dealer for great service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine MIL came on yesterday morning with the P305F code. Just had the front big battery replaced 6 months ago. Figured it was the auxiliary or back battery causing the error. I was out of town when it occurred. Stopped at the Chevrolet dealership in Manhattan, KS and they removed, load tested it to confirm it was bad and replaced it and reset the MIL and I was out the door in 30 minutes back on the road. Hats off to this Chevrolet dealer for great service.
Okkk you went to the Chevy dealership, cause I replaced both batteries and my check engine light is still on, Radio cuts off and locks “unlock & locks” when that stop start feature is taking place.... I had my 2016 Malibu for 2yrs now and no issues but that with these dingy batteries and that code. Plz help someone...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Keemaclark, They are some other checks to perform if the batteries check good as someone else has posted about the Chevrolet bulletin that concerns this error code. I would follow this the procedure in the bulletin or take it to the dealer and have them check it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Keemaclark, They are some other checks to perform if the batteries check good as someone else has posted about the Chevrolet bulletin that concerns this error code. I would follow this the procedure in the bulletin or take it to the dealer and have them check it out.
Okkk Kool, Thanx... So do I log onto this site to see the bulletin, cause lawddd knows I’m bout over this check engine light. Bout to get out this car I really don’t know what to do bout it, I have replaced everything 😏

·
Registered
181 Posts
Koth8
The two videos you posted show a full diagnosis set of steps. Somewhere in those steps users will
find the problem. Too often folks want to just change something and that's the fix. Diagnosis is the
key to most problems. Saves a lot of parts hanging.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There's a link to it in one of the posts in this thread.
Okkk Kool, Thanx Luv...
Koth8
The two videos you posted show a full diagnosis set of steps. Somewhere in those steps users will
find the problem. Too often folks want to just change something and that's the fix. Diagnosis is the
key to most problems. Saves a lot of parts hanging.

Oh lawddd I wish I can hug you 😙 Thanx so much I mean really Thanx I have been wrecking my brains tryna fix this or figure out what to do, I looking into getting new car. My sticker is up in September I was over that check engine light & that code... So once again I appreciate this video Luv, Thanx....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did not post the 2 videos about this error. I wish I did. Someone else did. Who ever did the originals did a very nice job of going through everything and going through DBCM in the second part to further investigate what could have failed. Being a electronics technician myself I can appreciate everything he did in the videos according to the Chevrolet troubleshooting guide for this error. As imidazol97 has pointed out it's not always just install new batteries to correct this situation. With my error I pretty much knew it was the aux battery. It was 6 years old. However I did want to have it load tested to confirm that is what the problem really was. That's why I stopped in at the Chevrolet dealership since they had the bulletin and would confirm that is what the problem was. You pay more at the dealership compared to a automotive repair shop but in most cases I have found it has paid off in mis-diagnostics of the real problem from independents or automotive chains. Not to say that they are bad but they do not have all the information available on a vehicle that the manufacture does. The guy that did the videos I would have no problem taking my car to him. He went above and beyond on the test procedure. Such as using a head lamp instead of a regular test light to but the ground in question under a load to test it. I do want to give a shout out to Murdock Chevrolet in Manhattan, KS for taking care of my error in less than 30 minutes. They were swamped but took the time out so I would not have to stare at the MIL for 8 hours all the way back to Texas.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did not post the 2 videos about this error. I wish I did. Someone else did. Who ever did the originals did a very nice job of going through everything and going through DBCM in the second part to further investigate what could have failed. Being a electronics technician myself I can appreciate everything he did in the videos according to the Chevrolet troubleshooting guide for this error. As imidazol97 has pointed out it's not always just install new batteries to correct this situation. With my error I pretty much knew it was the aux battery. It was 6 years old. However I did want to have it load tested to confirm that is what the problem really was. That's why I stopped in at the Chevrolet dealership since they had the bulletin and would confirm that is what the problem was. You pay more at the dealership compared to a automotive repair shop but in most cases I have found it has paid off in mis-diagnostics of the real problem from independents or automotive chains. Not to say that they are bad but they do not have all the information available on a vehicle that the manufacture does. The guy that did the videos I would have no problem taking my car to him. He went above and beyond on the test procedure. Such as using a head lamp instead of a regular test light to but the ground in question under a load to test it. I do want to give a shout out to Murdock Chevrolet in Manhattan, KS for taking care of my error in less than 30 minutes. They were swamped but took the time out so I would not have to stare at the MIL for 8 hours all the way back to Texas.
Okkkk Kool, when I’m on my phone reading it looks like you posted it. I’m grateful for whom ever posted it lawddd knows I was bout over this car... Wait so you way in Texas and you came to NYC

21 - 40 of 41 Posts